Urban Decay Primer Potion
I didn't buy into the raves before I got my own tube of the famed Urban Decay Primer Potion. First, I'm lazy! I don't want to add an extra step in my makeup routine. Second, it's expensive at $18. It's not available in the Philippines which means that the price is jacked up to as high as P1,500 per tube.
So, what changed my mind? What makes this product worth the extra work and the price?
- Easy to apply and blend. It only takes 15 seconds for it to dry up.
- It creates a clean base, neutralizing dark lids and even stray eyebrow hairs effectively.
- You only need a bit of product per usage.
- My eyeshadows are more vibrant when used over this primer! It only takes one swipe of eyeshadow on top of it to get a good color pay-off. No need to foil (wet eyeshadow application) or layer the eyeshadow on.
- It makes the lifespan of my eyeshadows last longer. Not to claim that my eyeshadows become 100% creaseless when I use it, but it does considerably lessen the creasing as well as the fading throughout the day.
UDPP is a good investment if you use eyeshadows heavily and need them to last throughout the day (say you're at work daily). However, if you only wear eyeshadows once in a while such as on special occasions, this isn't worth it. Foiling or using your concealer as base is good enough if you need your eyeshadows to last for only a few hours.
Remember that a tube of this stuff is good for only six months after you open it. You can probably use it for a couple more months after the expiration date, but you will find that the product tends to harden over time. This is why you should just get the mini-UDPP if you can find one. It usually comes with Urban Decay's eyeshadow sets though (the Book of Shadows and Alice in Wonderland palettes had a mini-UDPP bundled with them).
Tips on using the product:
- Dot on your lids then spread all over in patting motions. Don't rub! The lids are very sensitive and easily prone to wrinkles.
- Wait for it to dry before applying the eyeshadow. This is so that you won't have difficulty in blending.