Urban Decay Book of Shadows II
It was true love the first time I laid eyes on the Urban Decay Book of Shadows II online. The love was sadly tempered by the fact that UD is not available here in the Philippines. However, by a stroke of luck, a close friend was abroad so I asked her if she can get this for me. It was like Christmas in November, I said.
Graphic design on top and peacock prints inside
Where the lookbook is
So, without further ado. What I LOVE about this palette!
- Short of mascara this has everything you need for eye makeup, be it for day or night. There’s a balanced combination of neutral colors that match with the fun ones.
- Now I understand why everybody raved about the 24/7 glide-on pencil and Primer Potion. There’s going to be a separate review for these so watch out for that.
- Highly pigmented colors that go on evenly. The texture is smooth and silky. Even without the primer itself, UD eyeshadows can stand on their own.
- Great packaging! Two thumbs up, people.
- It costs $48 (but $51 with taxes), so I paid P2,500 at a $1-P48 exchange rate. The price tag is hefty but the item is worth it. No regrets!
Bird’s eye view
- It’s quite big and bulky so it’s bothersome to travel with.
- Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is an eyeshadow that one must use with caution. While the white-gold color itself is lovely, the huge glitters that go with it are threatening! They will fall everywhere and stick to your skin!
Other than these two, I have no complaints. As I said above the P2,500 I paid is more than a fair price for this palette. I got 16 eyeshadows, two ultra long-lasting pencils and the cult favorite, UDPP, in the bargain. I highly recommend this product for makeup beginners who want to try quality eye products without having to pay full price. Come to think of it, even if you’re not a makeup noob,this is one palette that shouldn’t be missing in your arsenal.
Will I buy this again? Well, no, because this will last me a long time, but I will buy other Urban Decay palettes in the future. They’re just simply HG material.
Perversion, Gunmetal, Ecstasy, AC/DC
Nylon, Sellout, Mushroom, Sphynx
Half Baked, Twice Baked, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, YDK
Jinx, Flipside, Homegrown, Misdemeanor