New HG Bases: The Guerlain Lingerie De Peau foundation and Concealer
Finding a foundation that perfectly matches your skin, makes it look fantastic, and stays with you all day without feeling like a mask is THE dream. It's not easy but there's nothing quite like the feeling of finding your forever facemate, no? I've found a few great ones over the years which helped me cope with crappy skin, long shoots, and crazy busy events. Still, I'm always happy to add more to my HG list!
I actually tried the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Liquid Foundation (P3,750) around four years ago. The shade that was sent to me was too light, unfortunately, so I never really wore it out. I remember loving the nude skin finish and coverage but I had too many foundations to justify a purchase! Fast forward to today. During Luxasia's International Press Shopping Day I got hold of the reformulated version and luckily, I was able to pick the perfect shade. I've been using the Lingerie De Peau since then and it's fast become a favorite!
Here's a quick rundown!
- The coverage seems deceptively light but the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau sneakily covers up pimples, redness, and uneven areas with just one layer. It gives this natural, skin-like finish with a subtle glow! (You'll see what I mean in my get ready with me video below)
- Staying power is impressive. It sets solid (not creamy or wet unlike some liquid foundations) and fades minimally on my combination skin for up to 10 hours. You might get lesser wear time if you're oily, however, so do use a primer.
- I've found a great shade match in 03N. It's a warm medium yellow that's a good (if albeit a weeee bit lighter) approximation of MAC's NC35.
- This has SPF20. It's not a lot but it's enough.
- It smells so good! It has this dreamy orchid scent that I love. I normally prefer scentless foundations but Guerlain's bases are the exceptions.
- The packaging is classy and expensive, from the molded hefty cap to the glass bottle.
I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about this liquid foundation! Well, it's up there at P3,750 for 30ml, but I feel that the finish and wear time speaks for itself. There are of course many more affordable alternatives out there. However, if you're looking for a luxe foundation that looks fantastic and stays on reliably, you won't be disappointed with the Lingerie De Peau. I love this stuff!
I also picked up the Guerlain Multi-Perfecting Concealer (~P2,000 for 12ml) at the event. This has a light-as-a feather texture but don't underestimate it's brightening coverage! It has a hydrating effect, too, so my bags look less beat up and dry when I have this on. I have the shade 02 Light Cool. It's perfect for my under eyes since it has a bit of a pinky tint.
I'd say the coverage is medium at best, but it is more than enough for what I need. I usually use my ring finger to pat in on! It has the ideal consistency for covering up bags as it sort of "melts" onto the skin seamlessly. The texture also doesn't crease on me when properly set with powder.
Overall, I am really loving the Multi-Perfecting Concealer for my under eyes! I recommend it to anybody looking for a "realistic" way to cover that area. It's got the right texture and coverage for the job. ^_^
Here's a video of me using both the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau and Multi-Perfecting Concealer while getting ready for an event. Let me know what you think!
Product photography by Samantha Gonzales