This P399 eyebrow kit can do SO MUCH
How many eyebrow products does your kilay need? Answer: doesn't matter, it's time to make space for another one! Joke. You don't need much, but whatever it is that makes it on your kit, make sure it's the best one for your particular needs. You have to take your current hair color, preferred look, actual thickness of your brows, and skin type in consideration so that you don't waste money and time on a bad buy.
Now on top of launching our lipstick collab last September 1, Pink Sugar also introduced a new eyebrow product hot on the heels of their brow mascara. The Honey I'm Good Eyebrow Kit (P399) is a set of four colors that are designed to be mixed for a custom brow look. It's got three powders in the appropriate gradation and one dark wax to create contrast and depth. I remember while Laveen (the founder) was developing the product, I specifically requested for a dark, almost black, shade so that I can do my normal routine. It's a must-have color for me! (Demanding lol.)
Anyway here's a quick rundown on the kit!
What I love about the product
- The brow powders have a soft, well-milled texture that goes on smooth. This is not patchy at all, which is my biggest issue with many brow powders.
- The wax also has a smooth consistency that glides on skin. It provides hold (to keep the brow hairs in place) as well as pigmentation. It's best used for drawing hairline strokes on the uneven parts of the brow. I also like to press it on the bottom of my brows to create a shadow for that 3D effect.
- The colors are pretty much everything you'd need no matter how thin or thick you want your brows to look: there's a light blonde-y brown, a medium brown, and a dark brown powder. There's also a dark wax to help you create the illusion of hair and cover up bald patches. Choose Sassy Brown if you have reddish hair, and Perfect Taupe if your hair is on the nutty, chocolate spectrum.
- Staying power is good on my combination skin. I don't need to retouch even if I've had this on for six plus hours! It fades only minimally after that. But of course, if you have oilier skin, you might want to set it with a brow mascara. It's still a powder/wax kit after all. I do recommend the Honey I'm Good Brow Gel, which I've already reviewed here.
- I love using the powders in this palette as eyeshadow, nose contour (the lightest brown), and hairline contour (mix of the mid and dark brown). The colors, texture, and pigmentation just WORK.
- The powders have a light coverage when used by themselves. If you don't want to spend time building them up, I suggest applying them with a wet brow brush. Wanna boost the staying powder? Blast your brush with a makeup setting spray!
- As I mentioned above, if you have super oily/sweaty brows, set it with a brow mascara so it won't move around. It should be fine as is though if you have combi/dry skin.
- The applicators will do in a pinch, but I would still recommending using a full-sized brush.
- You can use this kit on your brows two ways: use a light layer of the wax first to map out your brows, then set it with the powder. This ensures max staying powder and coverage (if you like that particular look). How I use it is I contour my brows with powder, then PRESS the wax in the sparse areas of my brows. Here's a tutorial of how I generally sculpt my brows!
- Use a crease eyeshadow brush (something round) to contour your nose using the light brown. You can also contour your cheeks a jawline with a mix of the light and dark brown - just use an angled face brush.
- To get the ultimate smoky brown eyeshadow look, pat the wax on the lids with your fingers or a synthetic flat brush; this will be your base color. Then layer the mid-brown shade on top of the wax and smoke it out on the crease with the dark brown!
- With a small blush brush, mix the three powders to shade your hairline. If you have baby hair or a receding hairline, this is a good way to just even it all out.
I enjoy the Pink Sugar Honey I'm Good Eyebrow Kit and would recommend it to anyone needing a good multi-purpose palette. It looks fantastic on the brows and can do so much more all over the face! And yes, it's only P399. I'm definitely keeping this around for when I want creamy, precise brows and whenever I need to do makeup on other people. It's just so easy to work with and highly customizable.
You can get this at the new Pink Sugar online store, by the way. The full line is available there as well so enjoy shopping!
How do you do your brows?