Swatches + Review : The L'Oreal Velvet Pinks La Vie En Rose Collection
Back then, when we say "matte", we get this hard lump of lipstick that is devoid of any shine. It looks great and it stays on FOREVER, but modern times have modern requirements. We want something that's moisturizing, creamy, and opaque - oh, and matte but perhaps not too much so. And so the velvet matte lipstick formula was born. It's matte with a hint of velvety shine that has all the perks of the modern lippie!
L'Oreal Paris's new lipstick line, the Velvet Pinks La Vie En Rose Collection (P400) has the prettiest pinks made for different skin tones. Some of the colors actually look similar to one another but can lean warmer or cooler. The varied pinks may be paler, peacher, or bluer, depending on the shade. They're great everyday colors that need a couple of layers to deliver opacity.
The formula isn't sticky, nor does it have a scent. Staying power, as with all Color Riche lipsticks, are decent at 3-4 hours with no retouching. You can make them stay on longer if you wear a lip liner beforehand.
Here are some of my shade notes. I have all seven shades locally available in the PH but for the life of me I couldn't find Jasmine come swatching time. Sorry about that! Anyway!
- Nymphea (Eva Longoria's shade) is a peachy nude pink. It's the closest to an MLBB and should look good on fair to medium skin tones.
- Fuchsia (Liya Kebede) is a mild pink that's nothing like L'Oreal's usual screaming fuchsia shades. It's one of the three most saturated pinks in this collection.
- Primrose (Blake Lively) is a dainty warm pink, versus Iris (Aishwarya Rai), which is a cooler version of the same saturation.
- Camelia (Doutzen Kroes) is a bright happy pink.
- Rose Lotus (J. Lo) is a deepened berry pink. Nothing dramatic, it's a great way to try darker colors without the commitment.
(You may click on the images to see a bigger version on the screen)
Overall, the L'Oreal Velvet Pinks La Vie En Rose Collection is a great pick for those who:
- Love everyday pink shades that flatter their skin tone.
- Want a matte that's non-drying, but don't mind that there's a teeny bit of that velvet shine.
- Enjoy sleek packaging.
Tell me what you think! What's your pink?