Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Lipstick in Surreal Sunset
As long as there are gorgeous lipsticks making their way out in the world, I'll be a happy beauty blogger. Haha! One of the newest lippies to drop into my clutches is the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Lipstick in Surreal Sunset (P1,700) which will be out in counters today. It's a beautiful coral pink shade housed in an elegant navy blue bullet. In terms of formula and color, I'd say Estee Lauder outdid itself on this one!
I actually put off wearing this for a week because I thought it was orange, and I am just not feeling that color for this season (odd but what can I do). I was pretty surprised that Surreal Sunset is anything BUT orange! The color off the tube would suggest otherwise, right?
Anyway, here's a quick rundown on what I like and don't like about Estee Lauder's latest lipstick!
What I love about the product
- It's pigmented! One layer is enough to get this rich, vibrant color.
- Amazing texture. It's creamy and buttery, but it hugs the lips tight without being uncomfortable. This is designed to be longwearing, and it does indeed last 4-5 hours!
- It's hydrating enough that I don't need to wear balm underneath. Note that I don't have dry lips, however.
- I don't know how this is done, exactly, but my lips looks fuller and more sculpted instead of flat. Could it be the way the color coats the lips?
- Transfers minimally. It sets on the lips but doesn't flake.
- Surreal Sunset is the perfect flirty coral pink on me. It instantly brightens up my skin!
- The navy blue and gold packaging looks oh-so-sleek and expensive. It also has magnetic closure, which adds to the luxurious feel of the lipstick. The bullet closes with a quiet sooosh!
Surreal Sunset is surreally pretty
The shade is sweet and girly - bright but not loud.
Love this color! I always have a soft spot for warm bright pinks, you know that.
What I don't like about the product
- It's not quite as shiny as I thought it would be. The finish is more satiny than shiny. Nothing wrong with that, just that the name could be confusing.
- The lippie doesn't completely retract back into the tube - there's like 3mm poking out - so it has a tendency to get nicked by the cap as I'm closing it. This problem will literally fade away as I use up the lipsticl.
- Quite pricey for a lipstick at P1,700, but hey, it is Estee Lauder.
The Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Lipstick in Surreal Sunset is a fun shade with an excellent, long-wearing, comfy formula. It's housed in a classy bullet that would befit even a queen. Haha! Seriously though, try this out if you're looking for yet another luxe lipstick to add to your collection.
I love it! Estee Lauder makes really amazing lipsticks in well-curated designer shades, IMHO. So glad that they've come up with something that improves on the already great Pure Color line!
What do you think? Do you have lippies similar to Surreal Sunset?