As a huge fan of the Shu cleansing oil, I was v.v. excited about their latest and supposedly greatest skin purifier: the Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil. Well I'm not going to beat around the bush. I love. This stuff.
So how is this different from Shu's other cleansing oils?
- It's way lighter than usual and you need much less to remove a full face of makeup.
- It rinses off completely and doesn't leave a film on the face.
- It can dissolve stubborn mascara quickly. Waterproof mascara just takes more work but Ultime8 can indeed remove it.
- You can use it with wet hands, unlike the other oils which emulsify instantly upon contact with water.
- It has eight botanical oils - olive, jojoba, ginger root, corn, soy bean, shea butter, safflower and camellia - to help soften and brighten skin better.
My skin is definitely nicer since I started using this, although I did break out the first couple of days. It has fortunately settled down so no biggie. As with the other Shu oils, I like using this as a facial cleanser by itself when I'm wearing little to no makeup. I don't feel the need to use moisturizer afterwards so yay for multi-tasking products.
I guess the deal breaker for most people would have to be the price tag. I think a full size of this is roughly P1,000 more than the usual cleansing oils, which should take it up to...P5,000 to P6,000 a bottle? I am not sure so don't quote me on that! But I guess if you have P5,000 to splurge on a single bottle of skincare, P1,000 more isn't big money anymore.
Now the question is: will I swap my High Performance Balancing variant with the Ultime8? Tough. I love Ultime8's texture and how much more efficient and thorough it is when it comes to removing makeup, but I feel that HPB is more, how shall I say it, in tune with my skin. It's more moisturizing and gentle for me. I love it like an old friend, while Ultime8 is the flashy newcomer with all the bells and whistles.
And here I am rambling again. :P Anyway, if budget allows, you must try the Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil. Go for the 150ml bottle first to see how you like it before splurging on the big one! I think it's a great investment, especially if you haven't experienced Shu oils yet.