Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Onyx
The rain has been raging non-stop since yesterday. Stuff that I've scheduled for today have been canceled, so I'm just at home! Hope you're staying dry wherever you are. Come to think of it - what's your weapon of choice in this kind of weather? Raincoat? Boots? Or just the plain ol' umbrella?
Don't forget to read my makeup/hair tips for rainy days! Anyway, today I want to review a nice eyeliner I've had for a while: the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Onyx (P1,295). I was initially unsure about this one when I first got it. It felt too soft and creamy to actually "stay-in-place". I'm happy to say that this eyeliner defied my expectations (or lack thereof) - it does stay on, with only minimum smudging as with most pencils.
What I like about the product
- Super creamy texture that makes it easy to line with, with no tugging or pulling. It's soft enough to be used as a cream eyeshadow.
- Pigmented on lids, though you have to go over the line two times to get a really solid black. This is a very deep, slightly bluish eyeliner. It's completely matte.
- Stays put as long as you allow it to set/dry.
- Smudger tip works well.
- The pencil itself looks fabulous, with the Estee Lauder engraved lettering and gold cap.
Swatch on hand doesn't look impressive, but wait till you see it when worn!
What I don't like about the product
- Expensive for an eyeliner.
- It gets used up fairly quickly so I sharpen every so often. Must be the softness of the pencil.
If you like luxe eye pencils that are as deep and mysterious as the dead of the night, you'll love the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Onyx. It looks amazing with smoky eyes as it gives a very soft, hazy effect when worn - no sharp edges at all, if that's the look you're going for.
I wouldn't say it's the longest-lasting I've tried, but it stays on well-enough for a party or a day at the office. If you have oily lids, sadly this is not for you as it's very emollient.
This pencil received a 4.1/5 rating at Makeupalley with 61 reviews. That's a pretty good rate!
I like it a whole bunch. Like I said, it's perfect with smoky eyes, and can even double as a base for gray or black eyeshadows. When used that way, this pencil can intensify and prolong the lasting power of your smoky look. ;)
Okay, don't forget to follow Estee Lauder Philippines on FB for updates and promos!