BB or blemish balm creams have gone a long way. From being overly thick and white just a few years ago, they have now evolved into light textured semi-foundations that come in different shades. Everybody wins, really!
Today I'll be reviewing the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream (P798). It's a nice BB cream with heavy coverage and the lasting power of your average liquid foundation. No, it can't be categorized as tinted moisturizer. It's a nice brightening foundation that comes in four shades which can accommodate Pinay skin.
What I love about the product
- It delivers an even, smooth finish that looks like skin. It has brightening properties so you get a glowy finish!
- Medium to heavy coverage with only a small amount.
- Has SPF30 PA++! Pretty good sun protection, so even if you only use a little, you still get adequate cover from the sun.
- Blends with skin provided that you use a little bit.
- Dries quickly and doesn't stay tacky unlike other BB creams.
- No breakouts!
- Comes in four shades: Sand Beige, Honey Beige, Natural Beige, and Light Beige. I think there's a shade for light to medium-skinned girls.
- Squeeze pump tube gives me the perfect amount of product.
- Fairly affordable at P798.
Swatch of N02 Light Beige - a neutral, cool shade. It's not my color but I thought I'd show a face wearing it!
Looks great right? Imagine if I'm wearing the right shade. ;)
What I don't like about the product
- Lasting power is okay on dry to combination skin at five hours, but I'd peg it at three to four hours on oily skin.
I would recommend the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream to just about anyone who needs a moisturizing foundation. If you can find the right shade match, go for it! It's an excellent product that looks natural and feels light on skin. It's also super easy to work with.
The lasting power is not a problem if you intend to wear this on casual days only, you know, a coffee or dinner out, a bit of malling. But if you're looking for a foundation that's more heavy duty, there are other products to try.
I really like the formula of this new-ish BB cream! Had I gotten the right shade, I will definitely include this in my routine. :)
Tried this? What do you think of this BB cream?