New hair must-have: Kérastase Elixir Ultime
People tell me, "Wow, I wish I had naturally curly hair like yours." and I would always reply, "What I would give for straight hair like yours!" Straight hair is so low-maintenance, for me. There are also so many styles you can cut it, whereas there's not much you can do with curly hair.
But enough of wishing for things that cannot be! While it's true that the grass looks greener on the other side, it's also true that the grass is greener where you water it. So let's stop bitching and work on what we've got, with everything we've got! Obviously, this doesn't just apply to hair trouble. ;)
Speaking of hair trouble, I would love to present a new find of mine: the Kérastase Elixir Ultime (P2,215), a serum that's the perfect combination of four beautifying oils: Argan, Maize Sprouts, Camellia and Pracaxi. I've tried a variety of creams, gels, and liquids to style my hair but there is nothing quite like it. Here's why!
Why I LOVE the product
- It makes my hair feel silky and smooth like you wouldn't believe. I currently use a drying, hypoallergenic shampoo so I have to moisturize with conditioner afterwards. But with Elixir Ultime (applied after towel-drying the hair), I can skip the conditioner already.
- Makes my hair look shiny and glossy all day. Other hair products fade away during the day, but this one stays.
- NO BREAKOUTS. The oils in this serum doesn't affect my face at all.
- Defines curls without making them heavy and limp. I suspect it would do the same for straight hair.
- No sticky or greasy feel. Zero. It just melts on the hair.
- Smells good. It has a faint floral fragrance that's not noticeable, but it keeps my hair fresh-smelling.
- A little goes a long way - one or two pumps is enough for long hair like mine.
Great hair day
This photo was taken outdoors on a drizzly afternoon. Normally my hair would be a total frizzy mess, but the Kérastase Elixir Ultime kept it tamed.
What I don't like about the product
- I wish it would be less expensive or perhaps come in a smaller bottle. Nonetheless, I think it's worth the splurge, especially if your hair is the most difficult to manage out of all your features.
True to its name, the Kérastase Elixir Ultime is the ultimate serum for your hair. It's moisturizing, plus it gives the most beautiful shine and softness out of all the hair products I've tried. This is something that can work both for straight and curly hair!
Some application tips for curly hair: after smoothing this serum all over your hair, tie it in a bun or a pony tail to allow your hair to form in beautiful curls. If you can, shampoo your hair only every other day to see the full effect of this serum. ;) If you love blow-drying, this is also the perfect companion as it will keep your hair soft and smooth even after blasting them with heat.
I love it, and I'm not the only one since it's 4 out of 5 at Makeupalley, with 76 reviews. I've been using this everyday for a full month. I've raved about other hair products before, but forget all of them - the Elixir Ultime is where it's at. Now I'm curious about other Kérastase products...have you tried any? How did it turn out for you?
To avail of Elixir Ultime, visit your nearest Kérastase salon. For more information, visit the official Kérastase website at www.societedekerastase.com or call the Kérastase hotline, (02) 672-7200.