I'm sure you've heard about the fabled Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler before. I have too, but I never seriously considered buying one before because it was so expensive for a curler! At P1,000+ locally, it's too much compared to curlers that never go beyond P300. I thought there must be some reason it was so pricey, but whatever it was, I couldn't see how the cost could justify it.
Oh, how wrong I was.
I got to try it because of my advanced makeup class at the Shu Uemura Atelier (in Rockwell) a couple of weeks ago. John Pagaduan, Shu's accredited makeup artist, lent me his eyelash curler. It was love at first use. I immediately bought my own after the class!
Why I LOVE the product
- It curls like no other. The curl looks natural and not awkwardly crimped. It lasts for hours on end, even without mascara! I counted four hours minimum. Mind blowing.
- It doesn't pinch my skin or accidentally slip, pulling out poor eyelashes in the process. It's stable and doesn't move around while doing the job.
- Grabs 95% of my lashes in one go. The lashes on the inner corners stay resolutely out of reach.
- It comes with a replacement rubber pad.
It looks like any other eyelash curler, but it doesn't perform the same way.
Here you have my thin, stick-straight lashes
A couple of presses and voila!
What I don't like
- Shu doesn't sell pads separately so you have to buy another eyelash curler when you're done with the two pads it comes with. Although I hear that one pad can last for years!
Don't have the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler yet? You're missing out on something good! It's an amazing curler that works for me. I don't know why I never gave in before - it's that kind of product. Definitely Holy Grail.
If you find the price is still too steep, just close your eyes, buy the curler and after using it, you'll wonder why it's not more expensive. :P Lol kidding. Half-kidding. Girls with full lashes can just use this curler and skip the mascara. If you have sparse lashes, this will really make them stand out with the right mascara.
I love it. I will probably not buy another eyelash curler brand again! I'm sure some people have some bones to pick with it, but for me it works perfectly.
Tried this product yet? How was it? Overrated? Totally worth it?