Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover Foundation
The Shiseido Supplist Poreless Powder Foundation was my HG foundation for a while. I think I used up two or three pans of it before moving on my current favorite! While I wouldn't mind buying this foundation again for lazy days or as setting powder on top of liquid foundation (when I really need coverage), the Supplist has sadly been discontinued last year.
Now, its younger, flashier sister has appeared on the makeup scene - the Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover Foundation (P895/refill while the case is ~P500). The quality and finish of this foundation reminds me so much of the Shiseido Supplist, and it's not a surprise really. Shieseido makes Majolica Majorca after all!
The main difference between the two would be the better powder quality and coverage of the Shiseido Supplist. Otherwise, I'd say that the Skin Remaker Pore Cover is a cheap dupe of its pricy sister.
What I love about the product
- Delivers a very smooth, flawless finish.
- Coverage is light to medium. I recommend applying this wet if you want heavier coverage.
- Has good staying power on my combination skin. It doesn't fade or look patchy at the end of the day, but I do have to retouch after 5-6 hours.
- Has SPF 18!
- Powder is well-milled and silky.
- Affordable at P895. Considering how Shiseido foundations can go up to P1,700+ these days, this Majolica Majorca one is relatively more reasonable.
- You get a lot in the pan at 10 grams.
- I like the sponge that comes with it - does the job really well.
- Super cute packaging
BO10 is light on me. I'm medium with yellow tones.
What I don't like about the product
- Not much for oil control, this one. I suggest you wear a primer if you oil up a lot.
- Can get cakey if you wear more than two layers
- Limited shades. They're only for medium to light women with yellow undertones.
- A lot of beauty bloggers complained about how the case feels flimsy, but considering it's just around P500, I would say I got a fair deal. It doesn't look like it will break easily to me but yes it feels like your average plastic with no heft.
If you're after a foundation that can give you a flawless, airbrushed finish, the Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover Foundation is perfect! I do think it's a more affordable version of the Supplist.
If you have oily skin though, I suggest you wear a primer.
The case of this Majo foundation can fit a Shiseido powder foundation so if you want to save on buying the expensive Shiseido cases (they usually go for P1,000 something), I suggest you get the Majo one!
Shiseido foundation case vs Majolica Majorca's
This is a pretty good foundation for the price and I use it regularly. The shade I got, BO10, is a bit light on me though so I don't use this as often as I like. I usually just wear a sheer layer to avoid the floating head syndrome. In any case, it's enough to get that smooth, flawless skin. ;)
Have you tried this? What are your thoughts on it?