I have finally ended my search for the best foundation in the history of forever.
Foundation winner! I don’t even have concealer on today! MAC FL in Blacktrack, NARS Super Orgasm, Clinique Extreme Pink lipstick
I read about the Shiseido Supplist Poreless Foundation (whew) over at the GirlTalk makeup forums. Everyone was raving about so I got curious! The next time I visited a Shiseido counter I just had to get one for myself. Since I bought mine in Duty Free, the refill only cost $36 while the case was $12. I read though that this foundation is P2650 in malls but if you compute, it’s only a ~400 peso difference.
So, what makes this foundation awesome?
- Flawless finish. It looks very natural, with a slight translucent effect. I don’t look or feel like I have heavy makeup on. I don’t have big pores so I can’t tell you if it makes me look “poreless”, but I can assure you that it can blur out your bumps and uneven patches well and make your skin look Photoshopped.
- Coverage is light to medium. If you want something more heavy, you won’t have any problem layering it since it doesn’t get powdery at all.
- Long-lasting. Doesn’t fade, doesn’t crease or cake.
- Controls my oilies well. It’s 12:04 PM and I haven’t felt the need to retouch yet. Had this on since 8am. I have combination skin though.
- I didn’t break out at all!
- Comes with a sponge that works well in applying the foundation. I suggest use it wet, since I get extra-flawless coverage if I use that technique.
- Elegant pink packaging. It’s also great that the compact comes with a big mirror and holes at the back to air out the sponge.
Coverage - medium. Finish - matte. Skintype - normal to oily.
What I don’t like about it:
- The price! But I don’t know, the foundation is really good so I’d have to say it’s worth every centavo.
- Limited shades. I think there’s only 5 or 6 shades available here in the Philippines and only for those who have fair to medium skin. I got o40, and it’s a little light on me. It’s ok though, it darkens a few hours afterwards since I’m acidic.
- You have to buy the refill and compact separately. How annoying is that?
Bottomline is, this is the best foundation I’ve ever tried in my life. I will definitely buy it again! Good thing I just have to get the refill next time.
How the refill looks like. It comes with the sponge.
Opened. The compact is actually for the White Lucent Brightening Powder Foundation. I didn’t check when the SA gave me this. I’m not sure if the Supplist foundation has its own compact though.
Holes at the back of the sponge area so that it can dry out fast.