Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
You know what, it's been ages since I last reviewed eyeliner here! It's just that I'm so happy with my MAC Fluidline and Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil that I've stopped bothering to look for something new. However, when Revlon sent me their ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black (P550), I just had to try it. I've read really good reviews about it so I put it to the test.
What I love about it
- Solid black line in one go. No need to layer! It creates lovely winged eyes that even Dita Von Teese would envy.
- Characteristic of Revlon's popular ColorStay line, this eyeliner stays on all day with no smudging. It's very reliable in our humid, unpredictable weather.
- Easy to take off since it dissolves with oil or cream-based makeup removers.
- Dries quickly.
- Quite affordable at P550.
What I don't like
- This is really more of a personal bias. I find liquid eyeliners hard to work with. They afford so little control compared to, say, a cream eyeliner which I can apply with my brush of choice. The tip of the applicator is too hard for me to be comfortable with it.
If you're looking for a high-quality drugstore liquid eyeliner, the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner is an impressive option. It's for girls who like sharply-defined eyes with a winged edge. However, if you don't like your eyeliners looking too obvious, a pencil eyeliner is a better choice. In fact, Revlon also has a ColorStay liner that comes in an automatic pen (my personal preference). I will review that one soon.
It's good! I complain about how hard it is to use this, but nothing can beat liquid eyeliners in doing cat's eye makeup. I like using this when I am going for that particular look. Otherwise, it's my UD eyeliner for me! Or the Revlon ColorStay automatic liner version.
Tried this product already? What's your favorite eyeliner? What eyeliner type do you prefer: pencil, automatic, liquid, or cream/gel?