I love my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack but sometimes I want a quick fix, if you know what I mean. When I’m late for work I just want a fuss-free line without having to pick up a brush, clean it, dip it on a pot of eyeliner, perfect the line, then clean the brush again. Don’t get me wrong, I still prefer cream/gel eyeliners but when I don’t have time, I reach for my Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils.
Best-selling shades: Zero and Bourbon
What I LOVE about these liners:
- Extremely pigmented! One swipe and you’ve got an intense black line when you use Zero. Bourbon is a medium brown with pretty gold flecks, perfect for day/ natural makeup.
- Glides like butter. No pulling or tugging on the lid.
- Once it dries, it sticks on your lid like nobody’s business.
- Waterproof! I rubbed my hand under running water and they’re still there. Refer to the picture further below.
- Has a cap, so the tip won’t dry and harden too fast. Very thoughtful.
- Easy to sharpen since the rubber is soft.
What I don’t like:
- I hate sharpening pencils. Also, I haven’t found the right sharpener for these so I keep on wasting product.
- When not freshly sharpened, the line these pencils deliver is not precise enough for me. Sorry, I’m spoiled by cream eyeliner.
- These smudge when you use them on the lower lid.
- The tip is too soft - check out Bourbon, I nicked the tip when I removed the cap.
- Pretty expensive at $17, versus MAC Fluidlines or even Powerpoints and Kohls that cost ~$15
- Not available here in the Philippines, boo.
Verdict? These are really good eyeliners if you prefer pencil ones. I use them often enough actually, but the best eyeliner for me is still my MAC Fluidline. When I need convenient makeup though, Urban Decay’s eye pencils are my automatic choice! I will purchase them again, if I find a decent local reseller.