Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder
Why do you need to "set" makeup? If you like using cream/ liquid foundation or concealers, it pays to make sure that they won't slide off when you sweat or oil up. Think of wet makeup as if it were, er, pizza dough. It's malleable and easy to form in a shape you desire. Once you're done working on it though, you need to dust it with liberal amounts of flour to keep it in that shape and prevent it from sticking everywhere.
Likewise, to protect the makeup's integrity, you need to set it with a final layer of powder that will absorb our bodily excretions as they come. Gross but it happens, so be prepared!
Currently, I love using the Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder (P1,550). It's a winner in keeping oil at bay, plus it never looks makeup-y. It has an invisible finish that smoothens and evens out skin. As it promises in the press materials, it blurs imperfections too!
What I love about the product
- Keeps me oil-free for a good four to five hours even in humid weather, even if I'm using it on top of liquid foundation.
- Has a light coverage that minimizes imperfections such as pores, uneven patches of skin, wrinkles and light blemishes. It can be used alone, on top of concealer, or as a finishing powder.
- The matte finish is very smooth and flawless. Doesn't look cakey when I do start oiling up. It's also quite photogenic.
- ABSOULUTELY NO BREAKOUTS. Sweet! I thought it would, initially, but I seem to be hiyang to Smashbox face products. It's paraben-free according to the label.
- Has SPF15.
- Sleek packaging. It comes in a thin, matte case that's very chic to whip out. Mirror is also big. The sponge does the job.
Matte and photogenic, as you can see. Used this Smashbox powder on top of liquid foundation.
What I don't like about the product
- Pricey at P1,550 for only 6 grams of powder. Finishing powders usually weigh in at 10+ grams.
If you have the budget for a classy, efficient finishing powder such as the Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder then go for it! It's a great find. However, if you're on a budget, there are more affordable alternatives out there.
Love it. This is my default setting powder of late since it's more convenient to use than loose powder. Quite expensive, but IMHO, you get what you pay for. It's amazing with the Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Foundation - WINNER combination, swear! The makeup lasts all freakin' day.
Smashbox is available in Beauty Bar. Follow them on Facebook!