I'm a huge, huge fan of Lisa Eldridge. She's a celebrity makeup artist based in London, who has done the faces of Emma Watson, Katy Perry, and Nicole Richie to name a few. Even with a successful career in makeup artistry, she still took the time to go into vlogging on YouTube. What sets her apart is how clearly she explains and demonstrates makeup techniques and trends with the experience of a true professional.
So, when she posted this video of her top makeup favorites after twenty years of using tons of products on herself and her clients, I got interested in the Clinique Airbrush Concealer (P1,150). If you've watched a number of her videos, you'll notice that this concealer is one of very few products she constantly uses. It's practically her default undereye concealer. Of course I had to get one for myself!
What I love about the product
- This concealer was not designed to be opaque like, say, the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit. Its coverage is quite light, working more as an undereye illuminator than as a traditional concealer because of its light-reflective properties. It lights up shadows and fills in lines without being thick and cakey, so it looks like you airbrushed your bags. The finish is completely natural!
- It doesn't crease - I don't even need to set it with powder, unlike other creamy concealers.
- It stays put all day and doesn't budge even with sweat and oil around the eyes.
- Easy to dispense with the click mechanism. Also easy to apply with the dense synthetic brush.
What I don't like about the product
- There's only one shade available locally, which is Light. But if you're fair to medium-toned, Light will work for you since this concealer is sheer and will blend on your skin.
- Rather pricey at P1,150 for only 1.5ml of product.
No under eye concealer
The Clinique Airbrush Concealer doesn't blank out the eyebags, but it lightens considerably
Another look wearing the CAC on my undereyes
The Clinique Airbrush Concealer is touted as a cheaper but better dupe of the YSL Touch Eclat. Haven't tried that one yet, but it's nice to know! In any case, I can see why Lisa Eldridge loves the Clinique Airbrush Concealer on her eyebags. If you have light bags leaning more towards puffy eyes, this concealer can help a lot - it's natural and long-lasting.
However, if you have REALLY dark bags and wrinkles or if you're looking for a concealer that can hide blemishes, you may want to go for something more opaque, like the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit or the MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer.
It's actually my current undereye concealer. I appareciate the natural finish, plus it stays on all day without creasing. Really useful in this weather. I wish it were more opaque and had more product in the tube but hey, I'm happy with it as is.
You can find Clinique in Rustan's and Marionnaud MOA.
I eat makeup for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.