Dark eye circles can not always be cured - well, short of surgery that is. They may simply be a genetic predisposition, or stress and sleepless nights are just part and parcel of your daily life. I do love Eyliplex-2 for lessening dark circles, but undereye creams can only do so much if you're stubbornly prone to darkening in that area.
The next best thing is to use a great undereye concealer. Mind you, not all concealers are good for the undereyes. That area requires something that can both stand sweat and watery eyes without being too opaque and hard. A good eyebag concealer is creamy, moisturizing, natural yet with good coverage, and wears well throughout the day.
The new Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (P1,900) fits all those qualifications. It contains a pan of concealer and a pressed powder that goes really well together. I believe that this is the improved, reformulated version of the old kit (double-deck compact with loose powder at the bottom), which I think is too emollient and messy to use because of the loose powder.
What I love about the product
- Opaque, yet looks like skin when applied. It only takes a few dabs to completely cover up my dark circles! It melts on skin, looking natural and invisible (you'll know what I mean when you see the before and after photos).
- I've worn this during long work days outside the house, and this has withstood the humidity and sweat during the whole day. It doesn't become patchy nor does it fade considerably.
- Very creamy so I don't pull at the sensitive skin around the eyes whenever I blend this in. I also love that it's not drying at all.
- A little goes a long way. I just dab a finger in the pan twice and that small amount is good for one eye. I use up quite a bit of the powder, but it's well-milled and compact so I don't waste anything.
- Great for traveling. The compact is small so I can just slip it in with no fuss, plus it has a mirror. I like bringing this when I need to look perfect - it's great for retouching even face blemishes.
- Comes in 14 different shades from light to very dark. I'm sure there's a shade that perfectly matches your skin tone. Forget about concealer being one shade lighter than your skin - the best concealer shade for you is one that matches your natural skin color. My perfect shade match with the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit is Natural (medium yellow).
Creamy Concealer in Natural, Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow, combined
With the concealer, unedited photo
What I don't like about the product
- It has a tendency to crease if you use too much or don't set it properly with powder. If you find that this has creased and settled into your fine lines when you're out of the house, simply smooth it over with a finger and dab a bit of pressed powder - it will be all fresh again.
- You get a small amount in the pan - 1.4 grams of concealer and 1.7 grams of powder. However, the concealer is quite concentrated, so you really only need a bit.
- This is not cheap at P1,900 for the set and P1,350 for the separate concealer, but then again, it's Bobbi Brown, and it works amazingly well.
I highly recommend the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit to, well, just about anyone who needs it!
The best way to apply the concealer is with your ring finger. Just pat it on gently, then set it with the pressed powder using a big fluffy eyeshadow or highlighter brush like the one below. If you don't own one, you can use either a normal eyeshadow brush or powder puff.
If you find the set too expensive for your budget, I recommend you go for the Creamy Concealer compact. It doesn't come with the pressed powder so it's less expensive.
I love it. I use it every time I go out. Will I buy this? Most probably!
Great job, Bobbi Brown! You can find Bobbi Brown cosmetics in Rustan's counters.