Revlon Creme Gloss
I prefer lipsticks when it comes to lip color, but I like me some good, pigmented lip glosses too! I love the high-impact shine and how they draw light to my face.
The Revlon Creme Gloss has been around for some time now, but it was only lately that I got to try it. They're basic, solid lip glosses that are pigmented and could pass off as lipsticks.
What I like about the product
- Pigmented. A few swipes should be enough to get a good color pay-off.
- More sanitary than lipsticks, balms, and glosses with doe-foot applicators where you have to expose all of the product to air and bacteria. Simply clean the attached brush after usage!
- Doesn't transfer on glass and cups as much as similar products do. You can drink with confidence when you have this on.
- Classily packaged. I like the slim black tube and the small window where you can view the color.
- Stickiness is bearable. Once again, this depends on preference. I'm fine with sticky glosses as long as they don't feel like glue on my lips. The thicker the gloss, the better it stays on.
What I don't like
- Click-pen lip glosses are the bane of my existence. It's difficult to get the right amount of product! Although to be fair, the Revlon click-pen mechanism isn't too bad. Just keep on turning the screw until you feel a resistance. That's the pusher hitting the product. It will come out in a few seconds. If you don't get enough product, click 1-2 more times and it'll come out. Sounds complicated? Gosh, try other click-pens. You can't even begin to guess when to stop clicking.
- The gloss holds up when drinking, but when you eat, it won't stay on. Not even a stain.
- Drying. Use a balm before appication,
- A bit expensive at P475 a pop.
And of course, the swatches! For some reason my camera washes off the colors on the lip swatches though. The glosses are more pigmented in person.
Crush On Coral, Peachy Sheen, Patent Leather Pink
When I first tried on Peachy Sheen, I went "meh". It looked like a boring color that's too close on my lips to be any good. But I was wrong! I like the natural, I-just-drank-some-water effect. It gives a slight peach flush to my otherwise boring lips. It's perfect for natural day looks!
Crush On Coral
Crush On Coral is similar to Peachy Sheen, but with more micro-glitters! It's my least favorite mainly because for some reason, coral lip shades don't look that flattering on my skintone.
Patent Leather Pink
Patent Leather Pink has got to be my favorite out of the bunch! It's a warm, almost berry-like pink that really suits my skintone. Like Peachy Sheen, it has this finish that looks like you smeared on colored water. Lol I don't know if you get that, but you should definitely try this shade in person. It's very wearable but still a stand-out color.
What do you think? Does this look like something you'll try? Tell me what your favorite shade is!