MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Blankety
MAC Blankety is the first ever MAC lipstick that I bought. I regret it. It's an okay color, but it's not something that I would rave about. I wished I got something reliable like Cosmo, famous like Pink Noveau, or classic like Russian Red. I don't know what got in my head!
Okay I do. I was looking for a shade in the nude color family since I only have a few nudes while I have quite a lot of pinks, reds, and everyday shades. I picked the Amplified Creme type because I read that it's smooth and creamy, unlike Satin (I owned MAC Twig, which I gave away to my mom) which I found too dry. Blankety is one of MAC's more famous nude lipsticks so I chose it.
Anyway, on to the review!
What I love about the product
- Glides on smoothly and feels creamy on the lips
- Good wear time at four hours, barring any eating
- Opaque and pigmented
- I got it at a good price - $17 - from Duty Free
- Stylish bullet shape and color, MAC's signature lipstick packaging. It has a bit of heft
- I like the vanilla scent, which most MAC lip products have
What I don't like about the product
- The brown/pink nude color is pretty, but in certain lighting, it has this grayish tone on me. I am NC35. Perhaps this looks better on fairer skin with beige undertones? The color washes me out.
- Rather emphasizes the lines on my lips
- It's creamy and moisturizing at the start, but it soon dries up. Wear a balm underneath.
If you have lighter skin, this would probably be a gorgeous nude lipstick on you. However, if you're darker and more yellow, this will look odd on you.
Like I said above, I regret buying this. Blankety is a pretty nude, and it doesn't really look half as bad on me as I think it does. I just feel I could have done better. I should have picked louder colors, which is really more my thing anyway. Nonetheless, I am happy with the Amplified Creme formula and I look forward to trying Matte next.
Here's to more MAC lipsticks in the future!