A few things I like about BB creams in general is that they are designed to moisturize, have SPF, and provide some coverage. Very handy if you're just stepping out or simply too lazy to put on makeup. Anyway, the kind folks from Purederm sent me the Purederm 3-in-1 Magic BB Cream to try!
Now I'm sure you've already seen a lot of bloggers reviewing this product, so I'll just run through some quick points and show you what it does for me.
Hot pink tube with silver cap
What I like about the product
- Good coverage with the tiniest amount of product
- Has SPF 30
- Good for oily skin since the product absorbs and stays on for half a day. Use a finishing powder to lengthen the wear time.
- Yellow-toned. A lot of Korean BB creams tend to be beige-toned, thus casting a gray shade on yellow-toned Pinay skin.
- Cute packaging. It comes in a hot pink, plastic-sealed box.
- Has a seal to ensure that the product is fresh when you buy it
- Affordable at only P660
What I don't like
- Comes in only one shade. I find it too light for my NC35 skin. It's best for fairer ladies in the NC30-20 range.
- Slightly chalky/powdery finish. I prefer a dewy, more natural-looking finish when it comes to face makeup.
- Broke me out a bit, but nothing major. I almost always break out whenever I use something new.
The best way to apply thick BB creams like this is to pat it all over your face, and then spread with a dense brush or sponge. Fingers can make a mess because thick creams are hard to spread evenly without the right tools.
I have an interesting discovery to share! The Purederm 3-in-1 Magic BB Cream is a very close dupe of the expensive Dr. Jart Silver Label BB Cream (P1,780). They have almost the same texture (Purederm is slightly lighter) and are both water resistant. They also provide the same coverage, although I would say that the Silver Label has a more natural finish. Still, a P660 alternative is worth looking into!
Dr. Jart Silver Label BB Cream (left), Purederm Magic BB Cream (right) - looks the same, feels the same.
Purederm is more yellow compared to Dr. Jart, which is beige/grayish
If you're fair-skinned and love BB creams, Purederm is something to look out for in the nearest Watsons outlet. If you're morena, well, tough luck! Let's wait for a locally-available BB cream that has a friendlier shade selection.
Nice product at a nice price, but sadly not something I can use for myself.