I have received a lot of emails and comments asking me about the camera I use. When I tell them, they're always surprised that I'm not using a DSLR! I take pride in my clear macro shots which is indispensable to good beauty blogging. So if you've always wondered, meet my camera:
I use a three-year old (pushing four) Canon Powershot A710 IS. I would recommend this to everyone, but I'm pretty sure that Canon doesn't sell this model anymore. Now I'm not a photography enthusiast and I don't want to pretend I am so I can't help you with the specifics. What I do know is that this camera takes pretty awesome pictures and it's as tough as a diamond cookie. It's almost four years old but it's working perfectly!
Thus, I didn't have second thought when Canon Philippines asked me to take one of their latest PowerShot models, the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS, for a spin. It's purple! One doesn't say no to purple (and Canon PowerShots). I normally don't accept gadgets for review on my blog, but seeing as how cameras are indispensable to running Project Vanity, I went for it.
I used the SX210 to take the photos of my A710 above. Here is what it looks like, taken with my oldie camera.
The PowerShot SX210 packs a lot of punch in terms of features. While I noticed that it's very good at taking shots of landscapes and people, it's not as good as my ol' A710 in taking macro. The depth of field also isn't as pronounced as the A710. Here are the features of the SX210:
- 14x zoom, 28mm wide-angle genuine Canon lens
- 14.1 Megapixels with compact, metal body in three colour options*
- Canon 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer with Dynamic IS
- Wide 7.6cm (3.0") PureColor II G LCD with enhanced strength and visibility
- HD Movies (720p) with optical zoom, stereo sound and HDMI
- Easy to use with Smart Auto, Face Detection and on-screen Hints & Tips
- Smart Flash Exposure and i-Contrast for best results in all situations
- DIGIC 4 and Servo AF/AE for ultra-fast response and high image quality
- Manual, Av and Tv modes for full creative control
- Shooting modes including Smart Shutter, Low Light, Fish-eye and Miniature Effect
One thing that I love about the SX210 is that it's very compact and not too heavy. It's something I can easily slip in a dainty clutch bag during events.
I don't plan to replace my PowerShot A710 anytime soon, but if I am to do so, I will definitely consider the SX210. ;)
So, what camera do you use?