The thing that lured me into buying this foundation is the sweet promise of convenience. I love mineral makeup but there are just days when I don’t feel like having to deal with the messy loose powder or the melting coverage come noon. I’ve looked at reviews high and low and it seems like, for my budget and preferences, the MAC Studio Fix is the best there is.
Price is P1600 and it’s available in MAC counters located in MOA Marionnaud, Glorietta, Rockwell, and Shangri-la
This is one of MAC’s best-selling products and is one of the most reviewed online. I’ll just give you a summary of its pros and cons and finally, if it’s really worth your money (it’s P1,600 after all!). Full review and close-up pics after the jump.
What I love about it:
- Even, medium to heavy coverage. Perfect for people like me who easily blemish and have uneven skintone.
- Super easy to apply! I don’t recommend using the sponge though, I don’t like the effect and the finish of the foundation - it looks powdery and cakey. I use a synthetic kabuki brush. Just a few swipes and I’m done.
- Definitely long-lasting. Doesn’t fade out, doesn’t oxidize on me.
- Superb oil-control. I retouch mid-afternoon when usually I have to retouch come lunch time.
- You don’t need a lot of product to get a full face done. I think this’ll last me six to nine months even with daily use.
- Stylish and convenient packaging. Notice the double-deck design? The deck where the sponge is has holes at the bottom that allows the sponge to air out. Less bacteria breeding on your wet sponge that way.
What I don’t like about it:
- When I read reviews online, some people didn’t break out, some people did. Well, I broke out. I read that if you cleaned the sponge/applicator regularly you wouldn’t have this problem though.
- This is my fault really, but I got NC30 and it’s too light on me! The horror. The MUA insisted on NC35 but I was too stubborn.
- Looks too powdery and matte for my taste. I prefer dewy-looking foundations.
NC 30 is for fair-medium yellow skin
Aaand that’s it. For me, this foundation is just so-so (pros weighed over cons). I don’t mind using it once in a while for special days when I need heavy, reliable coverage but I will definitely not be using this as a daily foundie. I’ll be sticking with MMU for now.
Anyway, if you’ve tried this foundation and liked it, you may want to buy this off me. Yep, I need to sell this - it’s really not my shade. I rue the day I didn’t listen to the MUA! I don’t want my money to go to waste, so, I’m selling this for just P1,200 (it’s just slightly used and I can include the box). I’m also open to swapping so just email me your offers. You can reach me at lizlanuzo at yahoo dot com dot ph. Thanks!