The six new shades of the Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream
Before matte MLBB colors became such a huge hit, there was the Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream (P450). It's been years since they've been released that I'm sure you've heard of the legendary and constantly OOS shade Birthday Suit by this time. If you haven't though you have to get one, it's a beautiful MLBB!
Anyway there's an exciting development in the Matte Me line - Sleek Makeup just released a new collection of six trendy shades. If you're into sultry nudey MLBBs and seductive reds, I think you should have your sticky hands all over these tubes. Here's a rundown:
- The new shades are on point for the season. You'll notice that smoky nudes and dark shades have taken over celeb lips these days. Sleek certainly did their homework to come up with six that are guaranteed to flatter skin tones and become easy picks for any occasion.
- The three lightest colors are smooth and solid in one layer. I would recommend using a matching (or close enough) lip liner though, to get it right in one go. The dark red shades can be patchy as they don't adhere to wet or oily parts of the lips very well.
- Texture is light and quite fluid. It dries down completely matte but doesn't feel too flaky on the lips.
- Sleek improved the applicator. Before it was like a plastic paddle which took some getting used to. Now it's a doe foot tip that's much easier to maneuver!
- Staying power is average at about three hours. The colors don't transfer at all once set, but when you eat they will come off.
Overall, the Sleek Matte Mes are great liquid lipsticks for the price. Here are my shade notes!
Shabby Chic is a mauvey my-lips-but-better color. It looks very similar to Bittersweet as it's in the same saturation of brown pink, but the latter shade has a bit of a coral tint to it. Bittersweet is definitely a more brightening shade but Shabby Chic is for those who are after that sublime daily lip.
Velvet Slipper is a lush darkened berry that's very chic this season. It's the kind of mid shade that's the jump off point to the world of the dark lip.
And so here we are, three dramatic reds that will make all your vampiric dreams come true haha. Seriously though, these are awesome shades that I'm glad to add to my lippie collection as I don't have quite the same yet. Vino Tinto is a blackened red with a purplish undertone. Fired Up is a deep true red, and while Old Hollywood looks very similar, the latter is more of an oxblood brownish red in person. All are quite striking and definitely not for the faint of heart.
And that is that. ^_^ Which ones are your picks? My personal faves are Bittersweet for everyday and Vino Tinto for that special event.
Sleek is available in SM Beauty Stores and online at Zalora.