The Sleek Makeup Brow Intensity is the key to neat, sweat-proof kilay
I'm going to be frank with you, this is one of those "I love this, but..." product reviews. The product does what I need it to do perfectly, however, everything else is not working quite as well. So. The Sleek Makeup Brow Intensity (P695 in department stores) is a dual-ended tube with a brow highlighter and a "sculptor" on each end. The brow highlighter is a flat and angled twist-up pencil, while the sculptor is a gel mascara with a sort of paddle tip. There are three shades available: Light, Medium, and Dark, with slightly varied but practically the same highlighter shades across the board.
I'm going to do this review a bit differently - I'm going to start with the things I don't like about this so I can get them out of the way.
- I am not a fan of the highlighters. They are too soft. I've broken off their tips a few times already even though I was careful only to twist a small part up! They are also quite sheer and sparkly, plus the three shades all too similar to one another.
- The "sculptor" end of the tube is problematic. I can't go in with the paddle tip because it drops patchy color on my brows; the actual mascara spoolie is at an awkward angle when I try to work the product into the brow hairs.
That being said, the formula of the gel color is fantastic. Amazing. Through the roof. Here's why!
- It is water-resistant, almost water-proof. I've played tennis wearing the Sleek brow gel and it barely moved even with wiping. It sets fast though, so you have to get it right the first few strokes or else you'd have to use a makeup remover to correct wacky lines.
- The shade Light is perfect for me as is! It's a soft, warm brown that surprisingly works with my hair and skin tone well. I find Medium already too dark to use by itself, but it's great for creating a dark contrast on the tail and bottom of my brows. This technique makes brows look 3D instead of flat. PS - I have Dark too which I wasn't able to swatch here, but it's really way too dark for me to use ns.
- The brush is not too usable, but I just apply the gel with a separate angled eyebrow brush. It's easy to even out and blend as long as it's damp.
The overall finish of the Sleek Makeup Brow Intensity is indeed sleek, neat, and professional-looking without appearing too heavy (when done correctly of course). I highly, highly recommend this to those with oily and/or sweaty brows, or those who just need something particularly long-wearing. If you have about the same hair as mine, get the shade in Light!
I do wish that Sleek will come up with just the brow gel in a simple tube, a la Make Up For Ever. Honestly I don't want to pay for a mascara applicator and highlighter I won't use. Still, I'm likely to finish the tubes I have and will purchase when the time comes. The brow gel is that good.