HG Material: The Lancôme Blanc Expert Foundation and UV Expert CC Cover
There are many combinations for achieving flawless skin. My preference is a brightening, sheer liquid (could be in cushion form) as my base, concealer for my blemishes, and finally a high-coverage powder foundation to set everything. I don't really like to spend so much time layering tons of product on a normal day so a three-piece combo works best for me. These simple steps get me both the glow and coverage I need in under five minutes.
Now lately, I have been enjoying the Lancôme UV Expert CC Cover and the Lancôme Blanc Expert Brightening Powder Foundation together. These make my skin look fantastic and are probably the most transfer-proof out of all my current bases. I mean, I wear these to tennis sometimes and my face does not melt off on my towel when I pat it dry. It would smudge but compared to other combos it won't just slide away. I couldn't believe my eyes at first but yup, the CC cover and powder don't come off easily.
Here's a quick rundown of both products!
What I love about the Lancôme UV Expert CC Cover (~P2,500):
- It's a sheer, glowy base that evens out dark areas in one layer. It also makes skin look plumper and more youthful.
- Its easy to blend using just fingers, and a little goes a long way.
- It boasts of SPF50 PA++++! That's pretty good protection. Of course, you'd still need to wear proper sunscreen underneath but if you're not out in the sun terribly long, this would do.
- It comes in four shades - Natural Nude, Fresh Rosy, Flawless Bright, and Light Beige. My best match is Natural Nude although it takes a few minutes to adjust to my skin tone.
What I feel it can do better:
- This can feel a bit thick, unlike other CC creams I've tried. It has a hydrating feel to it but if you're oily this might not set on you properly.
- It has a sunscreen scent. It's quite faint but for a high-end brand I would expect it to be rid of it as some people might not like it. I personally don't mind though.
What I love about the Lancôme Blanc Expert Brightening Powder Foundation (P2,150 for the refill, P700 for the compact):
- This powder is incredibly silky and finely milled. It has mid to heavy coverage, but looks like skin! The finish is demi-matte I'd say.
- Since the power is so pigmented, very little goes a long way. I have been using my compact pretty regularly for about two months now and I haven't made a dent yet.
- I found an almost perfect shade match in O-04.
- Stays on for an impressive amount of time. I don't notice it fading on my combination skin until the seventh hour mark. I would get oily though.
- This does not easily transfer on clothes and tissues. It would smudge on white surfaces of course but minimally.
- Features SPF35 PA+++. Always good to have that extra layer of sun protection!
- The compact is insanely cool. There's a mirrored flap with the Lancôme rose covering the powder, and the sponge area has holes so it won't stay moist.
What I feel it can do better:
- If you have very oily skin, I would recommend wearing a primer and blotting when you need to. I think this powder is best for combi to dry skin as it has a creamy, high-emollient texture.
- The sponge is super soft and a dream to work with but it has a tendency to "eat" the product.
I would say while the CC Cover is pretty good, the Blanc Expert Powder Foundation is HG level. I would most likely repurchase it when I run out! I don't mind splurging on products I know I'll use daily or at least fairly often in rotation with other HGs.
Let me know what you think of both! You may find Lancôme in Greenbelt 5, Robinson’s Magnolia, Rustan’s Shangri-La, and Rustan’s Makati.