10 household items to add to your beauty ritual
We love browsing stores and looking for cheap finds to add to our beauty arsenal, but nothing beats "free" stuff, am I right? A lot of everyday items that you already at home can actually double as additions to your makeup and skincare, too! Take a look around your home and gather up these everyday household items to test-drive at your vanity table.
1. Olive oil is a great addition not only to pasta, but to your skin care regimen as well. It contains antioxidants and moisturizing properties that can help you achieve a youthful glow. Some people even use this in the same way as a cleansing oil when double-cleansing. You can also mix it with soap and water for a DIY brush cleaner.
2. While enjoying tea sweetened with a bit of honey, try drizzling some on your face as well. You can apply a thin layer on your face like a mask to unclog pores. Honey has antibacterial properties (it never spoils!), which helps kill pimple-causing bacteria and speeds up the healing process for open wound
3. When it comes to keeping your face shine-free, oil blotting papers are a staple. But if you run out, pack some paper towels or coffee filters instead.
4. If you need makeup brushes in a pinch, grab some paint brushes. Look for sizes and textures that are similar to your usual makeup brushes.
5. Still haven't figured out how to contour? Use scotch tape as a beginner's stencil. It's not advisable to use it daily, but it’s perfect if you are only just learning how to contour.
6. Before applying makeup to the eye area, you might need to keep puffiness and tiredness at bay. Place chilled tea bags over your eyes for a boost of eye-brightening caffeine.
7. Apply your eyeshadows as usual then use a scotch tape to gather the fallout powder. For the dreaded falsies, find a bobby pin. This pin can be used to apply the glue accurately and hold the falsies until it sticks.
8. Don't want to wear falsies? After your first coat of mascara, apply some baby powder to your lashes using cotton buds. Just apply another coat of mascara after powdering, and enjoy instantly thicker lashes!
9. Want fuller lips without using Kylie Jenner techniques? Mix powdered cinnamon with oil or lip balm, and use your fingers or a toothbrush to gently scrub your lips. The stinging sensation will result in plumper lips, but be sure to add another coat of balm to keep your lips well moisturized after the exfoliation.
10. Placing a single sheet of tissue over the lips and brushing with translucent powder to make your lipstick last longer is a pretty well-known trick. It also creates a more matte finish, so if your favorite lippie shade doesn't have a matte version, make sure to try this hack!
Have you tried any of these household makeup hacks? Do share your own go-to items for a quick makeup application fix.