Finally, Happy Skin now has a skincare line for anti-aging and oil-control
Can you even imagine what it was like before Happy Skin Cosmetics? This brand revolutionized the local beauty scene when it successfully introduced the concept of makeup with skincare benefits, offering stellar formulations to address specifically Pinay concerns. So it came as a pleasant (though not completely unexpected!) surprise to find out that the next logical step for them was to create a dedicated skincare line, Happy Skin Beauty!
It took nearly three years of development to create formulas that would address Pinay women’s common skincare concerns, but the wait was well worth it. Happy Skin Beauty emerged with a dual line freshman release: the Anti-Aging Series with a focus on hydration and regeneration, and the Oil Control Series that promotes healing and renewal. Each line is composed of a 3-step routine of cleanser, targeted treatment, and moisturizer, so that users can get by with the bare minimum but still reap skincare benefits. No complex, multi-step routines here as the brand takes on a practical, no-fuss approach. The products were also carefully designed to have a comfortable texture and consistency, so that the same set may be used both day and night.
Co-founders Rissa Mananquil-Trillo and Jacqe Yuengtian-Gutierrez did their research well and tapped experts from both Japan and Korea, to show off each country’s skincare specialties. They also made sure to keep pricing reasonable - nothing exceeds the P1,000 mark!
Developed for normal, dry, or combination skin, the Anti-Aging Series starts with the low-foaming Hydrating Facial Wash (P599), a low pH formula that cleanses without stripping skin of moisture. This is followed by the Time Reversing Serum (P999) is a lightweight gel that skin readily absorbs, and the gel-cream Regenerating Moisturizer (P999) which promotes collagen production. All three contain Chardonnay extract that uses AHAs for removing dead skin cells and Fission Technology to condition skin and deal with dullness.
Meant for normal, oily, and combination skin types, the Oil Control Series consists of the deep-cleansing Skin Smoothing Gel Facial Wash (P499), the moisturizing but shine-preventing Mattifying Ampoule (P999), and the light, non-greasy Oil-Controlling Moisturizer (P899). This line is formulated with salicylic acid to promote skin renewal, and centella asiatica extract for its skin-soothing effect.
Dermatologist Dr. Raissa Pasion also offered up some tips for getting the most out of one’s skincare routine:
- Be consistent in using skincare products, even when the results don’t show up immediately.
- Don’t wash face with soap, since it tends to be too drying.
- Hydrate skin, even with oily skin types, since dehydrated skin tends to overcompensate by producing even more oil.
- Know the proper order of skincare. For daytime, a basic routine can be something like cleanse, treat (with serum or ampoule), and sunscreen. Then you can follow with makeup. For nighttime, she recommends to cleanse, treat, moisturize, and apply eye cream.
- Make sure to use the right amount of product. This is especially important for applying products like sunscreen!
- Prevent premature skin aging by avoiding the 3 S’s (sun, smoking, and stress) but air pollution, nitrogen dioxide, and PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) can also make skin more susceptible to hyperpigmentation.
- Don't neglect your neck when moisturizing as aging and sagging also shows up there.
- Get enough sleep to allow for head-to-toe cell regeneration.
- Apply sunscreen, sunscreen, and more sunscreen!
- Personalize your routine. Mix and match products to suit specific skin concerns. Adjust the routine as well if you’re traveling, especially when you shift to cold weather.
What do you think of Happy Skin's skincare line?