Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go Liquid Compact
My dilemma: I am crazy busy these days because I'm running a growing company, but it is a requirement that I look put together every single time I go out to meet clients and partners. I actually have a pretty quick makeup routine as it happens, but I am forced to cut corners more often than I'd like. That's why I love quick-to-use products that are a breeze to apply. Plus points if I don't have to get my fingers literally dirty!
Lately I adore the convenience of liquid foundations in compact form. Cushion foundations - with the soaked sponge thingy in the middle - suit my needs perfectly since I get the light coverage + glow I want without taking too much time off my schedule. There's a downside to cushions, however. They dry out faster and the surface (which means the WHOLE product) can easily get contaminated by a dirty sponge.
Enter the genius that is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go Liquid Compact (P2,690). It has the same convenience and the dewy, flawless finish of cushion compacts without the risk of contaminating the whole foundation. Just press the button in the middle and voila - enough product for half of your face oozes out. Neat, right?
Here's a rundown of my experience on this foundation!
What I love about the product
- The coverage is sheer to medium, just right for the current condition of my skin. I rarely wear heavy coverage liquid foundations as they can appear too heavy for everyday wear! The finish of Makeup To Go is dewy, but not shiny.
- I found my perfect shade match in Warm Creme. There are 18 shades in this line so you're bound to find something that suits you too!
- The formula is thin but surprisingly hydrating. I prefer this for my combination skin, although I make sure to have a powder on hand to blot my T-zone after a few hours.
- Staying power is pretty good, the above note notwithstanding. I've worn this for ten hours and it doesn't fade too much with consistent retouching. I've also worn this foundation to tennis practice and it doesn't fall completely apart even though it does transfer when I wipe my sweaty face.
- THE SPONGE IS AMAZING. It's ultra soft and plush while being quite dense. It doesn't absorb too much of the product and applies it neatly, without streaking. It's super hassle to wash though. The foundation is water-resistant so I had to use a foaming makeup remover to be able to clean the sponge thoroughly.
- The packaging is sanitary and dispenses only what I need per use.
What I don't like about the product
- It takes about a minute or two to set. It's a very wet formula and doesn't dry as quickly as the original Double Wear foundations. I recommend not touching it while it's setting, since you might cause it to transfer.
- I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin. It is formulated for dry skin and does have a marked dewy finish.
The Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go Liquid Compact is a staple in my base routine since it's convenient, looks beautiful on my skin without being too foundation-y, and is water-resistant enough not to emulsify along with sweat (I.e. it wears well). I highly recommend it for girls with dry to combi skin! If you're oily, you might want a drier, more oil-absorbent formula.
Find Estée Lauder in Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Shangri-la, Rustan’s Alabang, Rustan’s Gateway, Rustan’s Cebu, Essenses Rockwell, and SM Mall of Asia