Now I get all the raves about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup
I'm a liquid foundation gal. It does take a few extra minutes to apply, but the pay-off is worth it since it looks so much more like skin than pan foundation. It wears better throughout the day too! Recently I've been picking up the Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup (P2,400 for 30ml) more than my other liquid foundations. It makes my skin look amazing plus it stays on my oily combination skin all freakin' day!
This is a pretty popular foundation, and for good reason. Here's a quick rundown:
What I love about it
- It offers medium to full coverage with a demi-matte finish. It covers most of my blemishes and uneven areas in a single layer, but if I need more, I just pat more product to conceal where needed. It sets when dry, forming a flexible layer on my skin that never looks cakey even with the coverage.
- It has a creamy yet runny texture that makes it a breeze to blend. I can use my fingers, stippling brush, Beautyblender, and even a dense dome brush with it. It's not a picky formula come application time.
- Staying power is pretty good! I've worn this for 12 hours and I noticed only minimal fading on my oily combo skin, even around the t-zone. I do get oily after three hours though, so I still retouch when I start to shine.
- I got a great shade match in 3W0 Warm Creme. It's a warm medium shade that suits my NC35 skin! It doesn't oxidize on me.
- The formula is oil-free, so it shouldn't add to your skin's natural oiliness. It's also fragrance-free but it does have a natural scent, which is a bit nutty but faint.
- A small amount goes a long way. A coin-sized bit should be enough for the whole face, with some extra leftover for concealing.
What should be improved about it
- There's no pump. I always over-pour the product onto my metal palette, and the waste is killing me! Estee Lauder PH's brand manager told me though that they're going to sell a pump soon, so I'm looking forward to that. I NEED IT.
Verdict and Recommendations
I love this stuff! The Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup is expensive, but definitely worth the raves it's been getting all these years. It's now one of my HG foundations since it's an easy choice when I'm off to a long, long day that involves meetings and events. Most importantly, it has full coverage but my skin still looks real in person while being photogenic!
Try this if you have oily to oily combination skin like mine. Oh, and if you're unsure about your shade, get matched at the Estee Lauder counter and ask for a sample of the foundation. If they have stocks, I'm sure they'd be pleased to oblige you! It's important to check how the foundation wears during the day especially if it would oxidize on you.
What's your top liquid foundation at the moment?
Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup Ingredients
Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>
Estee Lauder Philippines Locations:
- Rustan’s Makati 09178386563
- Rustan’s Shangri-la 09178386576
- Rustan’s Gateway 09178386615
- Rustan’s Alabang 09178386584
- Rustan’s Cebu 09178386609
- SM Mall of Asia 09178386606
- SM Aura 09179790686
- SM Megamall 09176214945
- SM Makati