My current fave cheek booster: Benefit Majorette Blush
Have you heard? Benefit Cosmetics now has two new branches: one in Alabang Town Center (their biggest one to date), and a pop-up in Central Square, The Fort! Now you don't need to go too far to get your Benefit fix. ;) Come to enjoy the ambiance as well since the brand has one of the most beautiful interiors this side of town.
The brand also launched a few new products in time for the fall season. One of them is the Benefit Majorette Cream Blush (P1,600), a cute compact that gives your cheeks a peachy flush on the go! Seriously, you can stop anywhere and use your (clean) fingers to swipe on the color. That's it. It's one of the easiest-to-use cream blushes I've ever come across which is why I took it to me when I traveled recently!
The compact is bulkier than I'd like, but it does house a big enough mirror and a domed pan for easier finger access to the blush. You can of course use your synthetic hair brushes if you prefer! Now I find the formula amazing because:
- The texture is fluffy and super duper easy to blend. I'm not kidding. It feels like a silicone-y cream but goes on like a stain in just one swipe.
- The pigmentation is quite good. One swipe is enough per cheek but I like to build up the color with two swipes because...
- I LOVE THE COLOR. It's actually a peach bordering on orange if you do a thick swatch, but goes on as a natural peachy-pink flush. It looks fantastic on my skin tone! I think it's one of those universal shades that can work on anyone.
- It smells amazing, like a fresh field of flowers with a zesty citrus note.
- It stays on for about 4-5 hours on me. That's a pretty long time for a cream blush!
I took it on the ultimate stress test in Singapore. The weather was considerably muggier there compared to Manila, but Majorette stayed put even after three solid hours of walking outside. No aircon ha. It started fading by the fourth hour but it was only completely gone after five. Not bad!
I love that it can be worn under or over powder. Personally I like on top since it doesn't disturb my foundation anyway, but if you're very oily and want to extend the staying power, do set it with translucent powder.
Overall, I highly recommend the Benefit Majorette Blush if you love peachy-pink colors that are super easy to apply while staying put when you need it to. It's a no-brainer to retouch with AND can be a conversation piece whenever you take it out.
This is my blush-of-the-moment because , well, it's gorgeous! ^_^ Try it out in a Benefit counter soon. What do you think? Are you digging cream blushes like this?
Benefit is available in Greenbelt 5, TriNoma, Mall of Asia, Alabang Town Center, Central Square, Rustan;s Makati and Rustan's Shangri-la.