Hooked On The Peeling: Five Things You Need To Know About This Extreme Foot Mask
This story is brought to you by Baby Foot.
The secret to baby smooth feet? Forget the spa - foot peeling masks do the job better, and for much less money. The queen of them all is Baby Foot, a Japanese brand that has made headlines in Vogue, Good Housekeeping, Today, Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, and XOJane. It's easy to see why. Photos of gross peeling skin practically falling from feet make for a compelling story but the results - literally, baby smooth feet - make it all worth the temporary yuckiness.
If it's your first time to try Baby Foot, here's what you need to know about the process! We promise that it's not as scary or inconvenient as it looks.
1. It doesn't hurt while you're masking. At all. Photos of snake-like shedding can make anyone with even the most solid constitution balk at the thought. But it really shouldn't cause you any pain as it will only affect the layer of dead skin! While your feet soaks in the mask for 30 minutes (not more), there's just a cool, squishy sensation.
Of course, if you have particularly sensitive skin, it's still best to do a patch test before going all in. Apply the Baby Foot liquid between your toes and wait for about 15-30 minutes to see if there's any reaction. It goes without saying that you shouldn't use this product if you have open sores or wounds on your feet.
2. You don't peel immediately. The Big Peel will happen about 3-5 days from application. Until then, your skin will just feel tight but otherwise normal. Just be patient until you peel. When it starts, resist the urge to pick out the sheets of dead skin and also try (hard) not to freak other people out with it!
3. You can still do sports or work out while peeling - just wear thick socks! The peeling shouldn't affect your normal physical activity (or lack thereof) as long as you wear thick socks to protect your feet from chafing. Do note that callouses will be slightly thinner because of the process, so if you prefer to keep them, you might want to skip this mask.
4. You need to use oil-free moisturizers while peeling so as not to interrupt the process. Seeing so much skin fall off might inspire you to use heavier moisturizers but that's actually counter-intuitive. You want the dead skin to come off. Don't waste a good moisturizer to interrupt the peeling! Go for alcohol or water-based foot creams/lotions instead.
5. Baby Foot has holiday promos starting today. It's the perfect time to try the brand as you'll be getting freebies with each purchase. If you buy one Baby Foot pack (any size) at Beauty Bar, you receive their Smoothing Gel for free. If you buy two, you'll get their delightfully campy fuzzy socks to catch all your peeling skin while you sleep or walk around the house. ;) This promo is available in all Beauty Bar stores while stocks last. ^_^
Hope you found this post helpful! Would love to hear about your Baby Foot experience as well!