What keeps Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes's eyes bright and pretty?
Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes have both gone a long way since they first starred together in the remake of the 90’s hit soap, Mara Clara. Both are headliners for their own TV series and movies, and highly sought-after as brand endorsers. The duo are now back together with their newest endorsements: Kathryn for Air Optix Colors and Julia for FreshLook Color Blends!
The two were officially launched as ambassadors for the brands in a jam-packed event at Robinson’s Place Manila. A huge crowd gathered to see the phenomenal #JulKath in person!
Before the big reveal, there was a fashion show featuring the different Air Optix and FreshLook colored lenses. Star Magic talents showcased how easy it was to #ColorYourMood simply by changing up their eye colors for the day!
When Kathryn and Julia finally walked onstage, the crowd burst into cheers! The energy and enthusiasm of their fans were incredible!
Air Optix Colors welcomed Kathryn Bernardo as their ambassador for their lenses, while Julia Montes was announced as the endorser for FreshLook Color Blends. Air Optix lenses are made of a special silicone hydrogen material that allow oxygen to pass through and keep eyes from drying out, making them perfect for long-hour wear. FreshLook lenses use classic hydrogel material that can be worn daily.
Julia and Kathryn then sat down with Dr. Jeanette Romualdez-Oo, Professional Affairs Consultant of Alcon Vision Care, for a short talk on the do's and don’ts when wearing your contact lenses. They shared a video to educate everyone on how to keep your eyes healthy, especially when wearing contact lenses. If you wear contacts or considering them, here are a few tips you need to know:
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling contact lenses. Use a lint-free towel when drying your hands.
- Check to see if your contact lenses are right-side up to avoid applying them incorrectly and irritating your eyes. They should form a perfect cup shape and the edges should be upright.
- Do not exceed the recommended lifespan of the lenses. Use a fresh pair daily, or swap out extended wear types after 30 days.
- Contact lens solutions, once opened, should be used within three months. Do not wait for the expiry date as they start to degrade and can irritate eyes after the recommended period.
- Buy only from trusted suppliers. There are a lot of sellers that offer contact lenses at a cheaper price but cannot guarantee the safety of their products. Do not risk the safety and health of your eyes!
- Use the cleaning solution only for cleaning. To refresh your eyes while wearing contact lenses, use a lubricant.
- Never ever share your contact lenses with anyone! Your contact lenses should always be for your eyes only.
Kathryn and Julia also gamely answered questions from the audience. When asked on how they feel about working together again after Mara Clara, both admitted how excited they are to be working with Air Optix and FreshLook because they also get to work with each other. As Julia said, “Ang sarap kasi namiss ko talaga si Kath! Tapos sister companies yung endorsements namin at sisters din ang trato namin sa isa't isa. Kung paano kami naging close dati, until now it's still the same. Nothing’s changed.”
Julia shared that wearing contacts are a necessity for her because of her eye grade. She loves that colored contacts also add something new and different to her look, which is essential to her line of work. Kathryn has also been having fun with the different shades available. "Kung gusto mo na maiba yung look mo, pwede kang gumamit ng different na color every day. Iba talaga kasi yung dating ng bawat shade,” she explained.
For their favorite lens colors, Kathryn loves Air Optix Colors in Pure Hazel and Gray while Julia favors FreshLook Color Blends in Amethyst and Brown. Both girls admitted to being fans of classic and timeless looks when it comes to personal style, but like to dabble in more adventurous eye color choices to instantly perk up their look and reflect their mood.
The girls clearly enjoyed working together again, and the crowd loved seeing the two besties reunite. Both looked even more gorgeous in person than onscreen!
Do you wear contact lenses? Have you considered trying out colored ones? Which colors would you go for?