Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume Mascara
Last week I read Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being A Wallflower. I honestly expected a light, jaunty read. All the promo materials led me to believe that it's a story about love, what with that "I swear we were infinite" and "We accept the love we think we deserve" crap getting quoted on Facebook all the time. But it's not about love at all. It's about making choices - real ones, not the kind where you figure out if you should eat two eggs today - and accepting the consequences of a past you can't change.
Suffice it to say, I started reading it at 10 PM and ended up crying so much by 3 AM. Read it if you haven't yet!
Anyway segue. Today I want to review a mascara I've been using rather often lately - the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume Mascara (P595). I've had a great experience with the brand's False Lash Effect Mascara before so I had high expectations for something as popular as 2000 Calorie. I wasn't disappointed. ;) Here's why!
What I love about the product
- Volumizes and lengthens nicely. You can build it up for really dramatic lashes, but two coats should be enough for a day-to-day look.
- Doesn't smudge or flake with normal sweating and oil around the eyes. It's not waterproof though, so this isn't something you can cry with.
- Super easy to take off with a water or oil-based makeup remover. You can even wash it off with just your facial wash. (This is probably my favorite thing about this mascara. I love dramatic lashes but hate removing all that gunk at the end of the day! The easier, the better.)
- Keeps the curl of the lashes all day.
- Brush looks pretty average but it delivers the product well - it gives maximum length/volume with minimum strokes.
- Fairly affordable at around P700-ish. I don't know the exact price at the moment so please comment if you do.
What I don't like about the product
- Has a strong mascara smell.
- Can get clumpy if you don't work fast to coat the lashes. It's a rather thick formula.
If you have short stubby lashes, need all the length and volume you can get BUT hate removing the black goop, you'll love the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume Mascara. It gives lashes such a nice fringe effect without the hassle at the end of the day. The brush is also easy to work with so mascara beginners won't have trouble mastering it.
I won't recommend this for girls who get extremely sweaty and oily as it might slide off. However, on me, it stays on amazingly well even under humid conditions. It doesn't smudge when I sweat so I love using it even during the day.
Just remember to work quickly to avoid clumping. :)
Love it! I've been using it a lot lately just because it's so easy to remove. I also like the effect on my lashes - not too crazy for everyday but they stand out from afar.
Soooo...tried this yet? Do you have any new mascara favorites?
Follow Max Factor Philippines on Facebook for kerfuffles about the brand.