Love: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink
Rouge is one of the first types of makeup ever. From as far back as ancient Egypt when men, women, and children painted their lips and cheeks red to the roaring 20s when color on the face symbolized women's emancipation, rouge has been a staple in every makeup kit. Fortunately, we live in the 21st century so we don't have to worry about lead and mercury poisoning from our pots/tubes of rouge. :P
That said, one product has found a permanent space in my bag: the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (P1,500)!
I love this because it's extremely easy to use. Fingers and one minute is all you need with this to get perfect lips and cheeks! I have tried other cream blushes before but this one is probably the prettiest and most convenient of them all. Here's why!
What I love about the product
- It's easy to apply - with your clean fingers, dab it on the lips then pat it on the apples of your cheeks. It doesn't dry up too quickly or leave streaks so you have time to blend it properly.
- Doesn't feel greasy or thick on the lips/cheeks. It does settle as a normal stain would.
- The texture isn't overly wet; it's firm but finish is pigmented, so a little goes a long way.
- Pale Pink is such a gorgeous color! It's a milky pink that usually won't look good on my skintone, but somehow it's super flattering. Perhaps it's because the pink has a warm tone to it.
- Non-drying formula means I don't have to use a lip balm anymore.
- The compact is small, sleek, and has a mirror. You can use this practically anywhere to retouch your lips and cheeks. Anywhere, even in moving cars since you don't need precision.
- No breakouts.
Pale Pink is a warm, milky pink that will look fab on fair to medium skin. Finish is satin. IMHO, it's not a common pink!
Love the color and texture!
What I don't like about the product
- It's quite expensive at P1,500.
- Doesn't last terribly long on the lips. 3-4 hours tops before it starts fading. On my cheeks, it does perform better.
If you're the type who's always rushing about, you'll love the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. You can retouch anytime and hardly make a mistake. The color, Pale Pink, is versatile and flattering on fair to medium skin. It can go with any eyeshadow or outfit, I think!
If you want to achieve all-day color, you can set the Pot Rouge with lip gloss and a matching powder blush. This is an especially useful trick if you're oily. ;)
I prefer setting Pale Pink with the Benefit Hervana blush when I'm not in a hurry
I love everything about it - except the price. But you know what, I have several Bobbi Brown pieces in my kit...and I use them all the time. All the time. I have other brands that are equally good or even better in some ways but Bobbi Brown has dependable, flattering shades that's super easy to use. You know, the kind that doesn't take a lot of blending and matching with other shades.
Foolproof is the word I would use to describe Bobbi Brown. It's expensive but once you have it you'll use it until the end. :) If you ask me, that's more cost-efficient than buying three different and affordable blushes that you won't use all the time.
What do you think of the Pot Rouge? Have you tried Bobbi makeup, and if so, how do you feel about it?