I know I've sung praises of several eyebrow products before, but I think that the K-Palette Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow Pen (P1,050 at Beauty Bar) deserves a whole new symphony. It's a fantastic eyebrow shader because it can draw realistic-looking hair using the liquid pen and give depth to brows with the powdered sponge tip.
This is THE product to use if you have big gaps in your eyebrows that can't be properly filled with powder, wax, or pencil products. Using the liquid pen (such as what you would find in an eyeliner), you can easily draw short hairs on the gaps - with no one the wiser!
Anyway, here's a quick review and tutorial on how to use this K-Palette eyebrow pen!
What I love about the product
- You can draw perfect eyebrows with a lot more control compared to pencils, waxes, and liquid brow mascaras.
- As with all K-Palette pens, this pretty much stays put until you take it off.
- The pen end is always ready to use - no need to shake. I've had this for over a month now and it's never dry.
- The sponge tip is perfectly angled and always picks up the right amount of powder in the cap. So cool!
- I love that you don't get too light and too dark brows - just blend according to how you like your eyebrows.
- Comes in two shades - Honey Brown (for fair skin) and Chocolate Brown (for darker skin tones, which is what I'm using here).
Swatch of the K-Palette Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow in Chocolate Brown: (L) pen tip (R) sponge tip
What I don't like about the product
- Takes some time to master. Even then, you'll need to devote a few minutes to use this. This isn't a swipe-and-run kind of product.
- Kinda expensive at P1050 but I think you get what you pay for.
How to use this product
Hello to eyebrow-less Liz
Step 1: Using the pen tip, draw small hairs (upward strokes ha) on wherever you think you need them. I like extending my eyebrows inward so I start there. I also like thickening my brows a teeny bit so I draw some hair on the bottom, creating a sharp arch.
Step 2: Using the powdered sponge applicator, shade the middle part of your eyebrows. Why the middle? Because it's okay for your brows to look thicker there! Shade the inner part of your brows with the left-over product so that they don't look too dark. Note that you don't have to dip your sponge again on the powder; once is enough. Just switch sides for the next eyebrow.
Step 3: If you already like your eyebrows this dark, then you can just leave 'em like that. I like mine a bit lighter though so I use a bended spoolie to brush and blend the product.
Voila! Say hello to Liz with fab kilay!
The K-Palette Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow is made for people who have thin and sparse brows that may be too short. You can draw a full eyebrow with this and it won't look too fake - as long as you blend it in properly of course! It lasts well through the day so it's ideal for active people who are always out and about.
If you're the sort who's too busy to tinker with your eyebrows before you leave, however, you might find that this takes a chunk of time in your routine.
I love this so much. However, I just can't use it all the time even though I want to. Sometimes I'm just really in a rush and can't devote even 5 minutes to fixing up my brows. I do like using this for important events since it's so photogenic!
And that's it! What do you think of this eyebrow product? Do you think this is for you?
Do follow K-Palette Philippines on Facebook for promos and updates.