BB cream in a compact: Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF50
Oooh my first time to try Laneige! Other bloggers have raved about the brand so naturally I want to see what the fuss is about. That said, I got the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion (P1,950 with refill) a few weeks ago and have been using it every so often. Not as often as I would like, to be honest, only because I chose the wrong shade.
First off, this is not foundation. Laneige primarily describes it as a whitening product with SPF which is pretty much how many BB creams are. The Snow BB provides just enough coverage to even out skin and give it a dewy glow, but it won't hide blemishes or pimples you might have. It's really more of a tinted makeup base that anything else.
Here's a quick rundown!
What I love about the product
- Gives a dewy, super natural finish on skin. It doesn't look like makeup because it's sheer and allows your real skin to show.
- Has SPF50 PA+++. That's a pretty good number if you're looking for extra sun protection!
- I was expecting to get a few pimples or at least bumps because this has SPF (I usually get welcome pimples when I'm trying out an SPF product) but nada! My skin even feels nicer after I wash it off. That may be because of the skincare component.
- Texture is very thin and light so it shouldn't exacerbate oiliness. However, don't expect any oil control.
- Lasts five to seven hours (depending on the weather and how oily you are of course). I have combination skin and it stays put until I choose to remove it.
- It's supposedly sweat-proof, and I rather agree with that. It doesn't melt when you sweat - instead, the sweat goes through it! It lasts a pretty long time at five to seven hours (depending on the weather) before it would start fading away. Just don't expect any oil control.
- Sponge works nicely to spread the product.
- Smells lovely. It has this floral scent with a hint of something sweet - vanilla cream? I love it.
- Has a unique product dispensing system to ensure you don't use too much. The "cushion" is literally a sponge cushion soaked with the liquid makeup. When you press it with the sponge, the liquid comes out. You only need very little (maybe two presses) for each side of the face.
Worn on NC35 skin (medium). Sand Beige is obviously not my shade, but it looks less obvious in person.
No. 23 Sand Beige
Sponge soaked with the liquid makeup
What I don't like about the product
- Bulky compact. I appreciate that it has a mirror and a closed off space for the sponge (for hygiene) but yes the case is a bit heavy and will take up a lot of space in your bag.
- Confusing shades. There are three available: Natural Beige, Sand Beige (which is what I have), and Brown Beige. Brown Beige looks super dark on the pan so I didn't get it. Sand Beige is supposed to be for medium skin like mine but it turns out rather light. So if you're NC35 up, get Brown Beige. NC30-25, Sand Beige. Lighter than that, Natural Beige.
- The compact plus one refill is P1,950 at our local laneige counters. Not cheap, but the price is right considering you get an extra and you can refill the compact any time.
If you're looking for a barely there base that will stay with you and not feel like a thick mask in humid weather, then you'll love the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF50. It offers a lovely dewy finish and sun protection, too. It's best for girls with dry skin, but if you're oily this will work too as long as you bring blotting paper/powder.
However, if you're on the market for something with more coverage and won't leave a white cast in photos, then go for a real foundation instead.
I wish I got the right shade. Otherwise, this would be a convenient daily base. It doesn't even need a setting powder (compared to normal liquid BB creams) because it dries into a non-sticky finish. I like using this for anywhere I'm casual and don't need to be photographed. :P
Tried this yet? How did it work for you?
Follow Laneige Philippines on Facebook for news and promos. Find their stores in the following locations:
(63 2) 451-1456
(63 2) 900-5171
Mall of Asia
Level 2, South Wing, Main Mall
(63 2) 552-7750
Ground Floor, Midtown Mall
(63 2) 345-7272
(63 2) 3990125
Upper Ground Level