I have a little secret: I've been using the Benefit Hervana Blush (P1,600) exclusively since I got it some three weeks back. Yes, I haven't been using any other blush! Why? Because it's the kind of shade that goes with everything, and I mean everything.
Let me explain. The thing with blushes is, you have to match them with the lipstick you're wearing - if you have a peach shade on, you have to wear a peach blush. If you have a pink lip, then wear a pink blush. This is not a strict rule ha but it simply looks better when your lips and cheeks match; it's more flattering to your skintone that way!
Benefit Hervana is awesome because it straddles the fine line between peach and pink and so matches all lip colors you can throw at it. That's just one of its many fine points though. ;)
What I love about the product
- Hervana is a gorgeous, flattering shade. It's a pink-mauve-peach that should go with fair to medium-dark skintones.
- Great staying power! Lasts on my cheeks all day even through the heat, sweat, and oil. I have oily combination skin, btw.
- Powder is finely milled and not chalky at all. It has an illuminating quality to it without any visible shimmers, that is, once it's on your skin.
- Coverage is easy to manage. It's pigmented but not so much that you get an angry streak on your cheeks upon application! I usually wear 2-3 layers to get the color I want.
- Has a rose berry scent I really like. (Obvs this is a con if you don't like perfumed cosmetics)
- Cute packaging. It comes with a mirror and a useful brush so I can overlook the bulkiness! The compacts is made of thick cardboard, the type that doesn't get easily scuffed or faded.
Hard to capture the blush on camera, but I hope you get the idea. Btw, my lipstick here is the Etude House Lipstick in #3 So Chic Beige - Hervana and this are MFEO!
The mini-brush is great for touch-ups but best use a normal blush brush to get a more natural coverage
What I don't like about the product
- Expensive. It is easily one of the more expensive blushes out there, but you do get 8 grams of product; that's as much as a NARS bronzer compact (which is huge btw).
- Not sure if this is just me, but the color of this blush changes as you wear it longer. It goes on pink, but turns more peachy after say three-four hours. Not necessarily a bad thing; difference is not that noticeable.
What the blush looks like after four hours
If you're one of the girls who have been eyeing this product ever since it was announced, don't dawdle, it definitely is something to try! It's a great blush, no doubt about that.
However if you're on a budget there are other equally remarkable but more affordable blushes out there. :)
Love it. Unless it's foundation, I rarely use a product straight for almost a month! The last time I used a blush this regularly was the NARS Super Orgasm. Great stuff - Hervana will definitely be part of my permanent kit.
Mooning over a Benefit blush? Which one do you have in mind?
You will find Benefit beside Shiseido in Greenbelt 5 (where Jurlique was). DO follow Benefit Philippines on Facebook!