Mineral here, organic there. That has been the trend in beauty for the past few years, but these days it's more of a given than an optional thing for brands. I mentioned before that I'm not completely sold on 100% natural beauty products simply because they're either ineffectual or, if the quality is good, the price can be prohibitive. Nonetheless, there is one brand that has sucessfully battled this dilemma by being somewhere in between - Human Heart Nature.
The HHN Mineral Eyeshadow Palette in Enchanted Evening (P275) is the first makeup I've tried from the brand. The packaging is pretty and the price is friendly, but is the quality competitive?
What I like about the product
- It doesn't have the usual tacky shade selection. The lilac, dusky violet, and gray purple are sophisticated shades that I didn't expect in a P275 palette. They will work with fair to morena skintones.
- Well-milled and not chalky at all. I like the silky texture.
- More or less 100% natural, so it's something that sensitive eyes may like.
- Cute cardboard box and plastic palette.
- Affordable at P275.
What I don't like about the product
- Has this strong smell I can't quite put my finger on. It's a little bit like, er, Play Doh?
- Palette is pretty but it could be smaller, more compact. It gives too much space to the eyeshadow applicator that you won't use anyway.
- It's not as pigmented as I would like, but I'm happy that it comes out nicely with the right eyeshadow base. Just always prime your eyes to make sure that the colors pop and increase the staying power.
Girls who are into organic/ mineral makeup will like the Human Heart Nature Mineral Eyeshadow Palette in Enchanted Evening. It's decent for the price and the colors are quite nice, especially for evenings out - they look great with smoky eyes. Just make sure you're using a great eyeshadow base like UDPP!
However, if you like your eyeshadows loud and proud and hate layering to make them vibrant, you can skip this and go for the usual brands.
It's ok. By itself, the palette is not brilliant or long-wearing like my favorite brands BUT I guess that's the price you pay to keep it chemical-free. It's a compromise that I actually don't mind so much.
To learn more about Human Nature products and advocacy or to learn how to be a dealer, please visit www.humanheartnature.com or your nearest Human Nature Branch or call (02) 931-5787. You may also visit Rustans, Shopwise and Beauty Bar for a select line of Human Nature products.