Lipsticks are the kind of products that drgustore brands do extremely well. True, prestige brands have amazing shades and textures, but you can easily blow P400 on a lipstick and you won't even know the difference!
One amazing lipstick line is the Cover Girl Lip Perfection (P395). It does everything a lipstick should, and beyond. Pigmentation, texture, shade selection, lasting power, and moisturizing properties are all ace - I'd say it's unbelievable for the price, but I have tried other cheap lipsticks that deliver these things well, too. The main difference of Cover Girl with the other drugstore brands is how slinky and moisturizing it is to the point that it feels like lip balm.
What I love about the product
- Rich pigmentation that goes opaque in one or two layers (depending on the shade).
- Smooth, creamy texture glides on the lips. It's quite moisturizing so I suggest you skip the lip balm. Actually, you MUST skip the lip balm if you have normal lips or the lipstick will feel too slippery already.
- Lasting power is pretty good at 3-4 hours. The lipstick leaves a strong, even stain on the lips so it still looks good after eating.
- The 22 shades available look yummy. There are browns, nudes, pinks, and reds for everyone. There are also different finishes such as frost, gloss, and satin.
- The gunmetal lipstick bullet looks classy and expensive. It feels sturdy and closes with a full-bodied click.
- Very affordable! At only P395, price is very competitive with other lipsticks in the department store.
Dazzle, Fervor, Hot Passion
Dazzle is a frosty-glossy blue-based pink. It doesn't go on completely opaque like the other shades; it's more like a veil of gloss
Fervor is a reddish brown with pink undertones. It's nice for everyday looks. I thought I'd look dated in it but it looks charming, surprisingly.
Hot Passion (the flagship color, so to speak) is a blue-based red that fits all skin tones. It sortof adjusts to your skin - on me, it looks like it has orangish undertones, but on fair-skinned girls like Jheng and Jamie, it has bluish tones.
What I don't like about the product
- Feels thick in two layers. I'd say it's a bit waxy, but it's not the kind of hard waxy lipstick feel; it's more how a liquidy lip balm would feel. It just sits on top of the lips. This can be solved by blotting.
If you hate lipstick because of how dry it feels, you must check out the Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipsticks. They're very moisturizing and overall quality is pretty good for the price. I would avoid the frosty shades though; it can look tacky easily plus it highlights lip lines.
I love it! I'm hankering for an opaque hot pink shade, so I'll probably look to Cover Girl for it. You should definitely try Lip Perfection if you're looking for a new lipstick. Read Makeupalley for more reviews - this product got a 4.2/5 rating!
Cover Girl can be found in major drugstores and department stores