Estee Lauder Deluxe Blush Compact
When I think of great blushes I first think of NARS, then MAC, and (because of Sophie's rave) Bobbi Brown. I didn't think of Estee Lauder because the brand isn't really famous for their makeup; they seem to have focused on making great skincare and fragrances instead. So when I got this blush palette from the EL holiday set I bought last year, I really wasn't expecting much.
Don't you love it when I'm wrong? The Estee Lauder Deluxe Blush Compact is a great find because it does everything a blush needs to do exceptionally well. The colors are also thoughtfully selected, since there are shades that can match any skintone and look.
Specifically, the blushes included in the compact are called Signature Silky Powder Blushes. Let's go!
What I love about the product
- Super pigmented. Check out the swatches! I always use a light hand, which means that I save up on product. I've been using these since October 2010 and I haven't hit pan - granted, I use other blushes at the same time, but I use this one pretty often.
- Lasts the whole day. I've worn this in the morning to find that it's still pretty much there until I take off my makeup. I've oiled up, had sweat on my face in humid weather - this stays on and on.
- Has a nice, silky smooth, even finish - my fave for blushes. I'm not big on shimmer and glitter when it comes to cheek color (there are exceptions though), so the finish of these EL blushes is perfect for everyday.
- Color selection is awesome. There is a dainty pink blush for feminine looks, a coral pink for a natural flush, a dusky rose for more sophisticated evening looks, and contouring shade.
- The luxe gold packaging comes with a big mirror and a brush. The brush is meh, but if you're on the go, it's handy to have along for quick touch ups.
So pigmented, they can pass off as eyeshadow
Wearing Tender Petal here
What I don't like about the product
- I understand that this is not sold separately and is only limited edition. Shucks!
Get this if you can find it! The Estee Lauder Deluxe Blush Compact is a great product overall. I'm really happy I got to buy this last year. It's seriously one of my favorites, something I grab without thinking when I'm in a rush.
If you can't find the set, I suggest you look for the individual Signature Silky Powder Blush. I believe it is easily available here at roughly ~P1,300.
This palette is one of the best pieces in my collection. I'm glad I got to buy it while it was still available.