Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer
It doesn't matter how great your skincare system is - if you're not careful about the other junk you put on your face, you will. Still. Break. Out. I've made quite a few mistakes these past few weeks so lately my face looks like a blemish exploded on the surface and made little babies while shitfaced with alcohol. Terrible imagery, I know. But that's how my face looks like at the moment.
My recent FOTD photos show no blemishes, but that's because I use two heavy concealers to cover them up. They're like magic or (if we're must be more prosaic) Photoshop in a tube/jar. I love the MAC Studio Finish Concealer but sometimes a blemish is too dark or fresh that I need something more opaque and absolutely budge-proof. This is where the Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer comes in.
This MUFE Full Cover concealer is pretty awesome in covering up ANYTHING on your face. It could be a mole, pimple, blemish, anything will disappear when you wear this and it will not rub off even if you sweat or oil up. It's truly waterproof - it just dries and stays put much like how an Urban Decay Primer Potion would (you know what I mean if you've tried UDPP).
So let's do it!
What I love about the product
- Completely opaque. It's perfect for covering up very dark blemishes, moles, angry zits, or discoloration. It meant business when it said "full cover, yo".
- Waterproof. When it dries, it's a lot like how the UDPP primer is. You can't make it budge anymore unless you rub very, very hard or use a cream/oil makeup remover. Perfect for oily and sweaty skin.
- While the coverage is really good, the product does not feel heavy on skin. It has a light texture.
- A little goes a long way. The tube is quite small, but a small amount of product can easily cover a lot of blemishes.
- Non-comedogenic, I didn't break out.
- Squeeze tube dispenses the right amount of product with the narrow pointed tip.
What I don't like about the product
- Has a weird smell I still haven't gotten used to. I hear that MUFE products do tend to have weird smells.
- It dries fast, and once it does, you won't be able to blend it out anymore. So you need to work quickly and get a perfect shade match if you can.
- This concealer perfectly matches my medium skin when it's still emollient, but when it dries, it becomes two shades darker! I have to cover it up with another concealer (MAC) or a heavy foundation since the uneveness in shade is too obvious.
- Quite expensive for the small amount of product you get. I don't have the exact local price, but it's $30 in the US. So it should be roughly P1,500 here, give or take a couple hundred bucks.
If you need a great concealer specifically for blemishes, the Makeup Forever Full Cover Waterproof Concealer will hide all your dark secrets. I see girls - and guys, even - with oily/sweaty skin loving this. I wouldn't recommend this for undereyes though; the texture is too drying.
Remember to pick a shade that's slightly lighter than your actual skintone because it dries darker than it initially looks.
Tip: to maximize this concealer, use an eyeliner brush instead of the normal concealer brush! This way you get more precise correction and you get to conserve the product. I learned this from my fave makeup guru, Lisa Eldridge.
I got this MUFE concealer from a swap so yay, I didn't have to pay anything. I love the product because it's extremely effective in hiding any blemish, but will I buy it again? Ah, now that is the question. I use it for a specialized purpose - very dark blemishes - and I don't have these all the time. I quite happy with my MAC concealer for normal blemishes.
Well, I'll know if I can't live without this when I run out!