Lip balms are the kind of things you should keep lying around in case you need it - which is all the time! Me I keep a lip balm on my desk, current bags that I use, my jeans pocket, and my dresser. I can't stand dry, chapping lips so I take extra precautions. Especially now when the weather is cooler, sensitive skin tends to be drier.
One lip balm I love is the Mentholatum Lip Ice lip balm (P89). This lip balm brand has a cult following in Singapore and Hong Kong, so much that my friends would stock up a good supply before leaving for the Philippines. Everyone hoorayed when Lip Ice finally arrived in our shores last year - and I totally understand why.
What I love about the product
- Moisturizing without being waxy.
- Takes a loooong time to dry up on your lips, and when it does, it just sort of absorbs into the skin instead of drying up in flakes.
- Has SPF15!
- Has a nice selection of scents that doesn't smell too fake or chemical. I love the Lemon one, it smells like Halls candy. Haha.
- Leaves a nice minty tingle for a few minutes after applying. I know some girls who mind, but personally I like it because it makes my lips feel somewhat refreshed.
- Cheap! At P89 in major drugstores like Watsons, this is practically a steal.
What I don't like about the product
- Nothing really. It's cool.
If you're looking for a lip balm that's very light on the lips - lighter than Carmex - but still as moisturizing, then go for the Mentholatum Lip Ice lip balm. It's cheap and does the job without fuss, plus it feels very soft and non-sticky when worn.
This lip balm comes in a tinted version, the Lip Ice Sheer Color (P145). That's another one you shouldn't miss out on! Click the link for the review.
I didn't post a swatch anymore, this clear lip balm is just a milky color in the tube like normal lip balms
Love it! It's the lip balm that is the most similar to my absolute fave, Aquafina. It's just ever so slightly thicker but the difference isn't that much obvious. I'm not running out of lip balm anytime soon (I've lost count of the ones I already own), but when I have to buy, I will buy Lip Ice since Aquafina is not available locally.
Yes yes I know, I will have to do a comparative review of my lip balms soon. I have Carmex, Aquafina, and Lip Ice - three of the arguably best drugstore lip balms out in the market right now. Stay tuned!
But before you go, tell me what your fave lip balm is!