Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Mascara for your bottom lashes? Why not! It's an awesome idea, actually. I've poked my eyes many times with a normal mascara wand, trying to coax those itty bitty bottom lash hairs into existence. For someone like me with sparse, short lower lashes, a mascara specifically designed for them is heaven sent! It's perfect for getting that clean, wide, doll-eyed look or just generally younger-looking peepers. Lush fringe of lashes = illusion of younger, less tired eyes.
The Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (P1,150) is exactly as it is called: a mascara for your lower lashes. It has a small, conical wand that can easily coat fine lashes without messing up the skin around it. The wand is a breeze to maneuver and could actually also be used as a mascara for those hard-to-reach upper lashes near the inner corner of the eyes.
It's pretty awesome. Here's why!
What I love about the product
- Volumizes and lengthens in one coat. One coat is usually enough to bring the lower lashes out; two coats give a little too much va-voom for me.
- Doesn't smudge. Very valuable since the mascara is precariously used in the smudge zone - the lower lid.
- Easily removed with warm water!
- The wand is perfect for the job. It's small enough, but not so small that you have to keep going back to get the effect you want.
- Dries in a few seconds after you apply.
- Good for 90 days of regular use. In my experience though, Clinique mascaras usually last 4-6 months before completely drying up in the tube.
- Cute packaging - silver and pearl with floral print.
No Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Behold! You'll be surprised at how many lower lashes you actually have!
What I don't like
- Can get clumpy if you try to layer. In any case, one coat is usually enough.
- Quite expensive at P1,150 for a 2ml tube.
If you want to make your eyes look wider, bigger, more awake, or younger the easier way, go for the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara! The effect is fantastic and it makes application on your lower lash loads easier.
However, I wouldn't say that this is an absolute necessity in your beauty kit if you're a makeup newbie or if you just have a passing interest in makeup. It's great to have but you don't need it if you've mastered the fine art of using normal-sized brushes to apply mascara on your lower lashes.
Nonetheless, I do think that this is a must-have for makeup artists and for women who need to look extra good regularly (like, say, if it's a job requirement!). Use a white shimmery eyeliner on your waterline along with this mascara to really make your eyes pop!
I love it. And tons of other women love it. Check out their reviews at Makeupalley - the rating for this mascara is quite high at 4.4/5!