I loved my ColorBurst lipsticks - they're one of the most-used tubes in my collection. That's why I had great expectations from the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss (P575) which was released just a couple of months back. It promises to make lips "shine with killer color" and "pop with 5X more shine than patent leather."
Strawberry and Rosepearl
I was fervently hoping that these ColorBurst glossies would be an evolved version of the Revlon Creme Gloss, and yay, they actually are. They're thinner on the lips without that tacky, plasticky feel. They aren't quite liquid lipstick, but they give a nice color payoff with even just one swipe.
Here's a detailed rundown!
What I love about the product
- Not sticky or tacky, my number one requirement when it comes to glosses!
- Gorgeous shades that are quite wearable and pigmented.
- Color goes on smoothly and evenly, making lips look plumper and less wrinkly.
- I love the doe foot applicator. It's the right size plus it's pliable so you can get in those lines and corners.
- Lovely caramel-y candy scent.
- Sleek packaging. It features the matte fishnet design on the cap like the ColorBurst lipsticks. It doesn't feel cheap at all.
- Not too expensive at P575. For the quality of the gloss, I think that's a nice deal.
Applicator is soft and cushy...
...and it bends so it's easier to get the color in the lines and tight spaces.
Strawberry and Rosepearl
Rosepearl is a very flattering rose-brown shade. It'll go with every look you can think of since the color is much like how a Little Black Dress is so versatile.
Wearing Perle Rose
Strawberry looks like, well, juicy strawberries! I love this shade. It brightens up my face and brings a (not-over-the-top) pop of color when I need it.
What I don't like about the product
- Can get drying without a lip balm. So always wear balm underneath!
- Gloss tends to get flaky after it dries up.
- Staying power is okay. I give it three hours before it starts fading. Not bad for a lip gloss! Though it will disappear when you eat.
The Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss is perfect for girls who love shiny, slightly frosty lips. They're perfect for looks when you want to bring your lips to attention, giving them a fuller, healthier effect. These glosses can be worn by themselves, but I find that they're also a nice finishing touch to your lipsticks. Combine them to create a nice new color!
PS, Rosepearl is a close dupe of this Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lipgloss called Rose Sugar. Observe:
Bobbi Brown Rose Sugar on the left and Revlon Rosepearl on the right. Rosepearl is a slightly deeper version of Rose Sugar.
I'm not much of a gloss person, but I do enjoy using these ColorBurst ones. Love the color, effect, and how it feels on the lips so I can't really ask for more. ;)