I got a couple of comments yesterday regarding my "glowing skin" in this post. It's mainly due to two things that I have been using religiously in the past week (meaning I am not trying out any other skincare product): Pond's Pure White facial wash and Clinique Moisture Surge. My skin has finally calmed down after yet another nasty breakout, but I have a few pimples again because I used this face sunblock yesterday. Ugh. Must. Stick. To. Routine.
Anyway, other than skincare, a marvelous foundation called the Colorescience Pressed Mineral Foundation Compact (P3,750) contributed to the glow. I've had it since October last year but I haven't reviewed it for some reason or other. I don't have a good excuse!
What I love about the product
- Beautiful, glowy finish. I prefer this over matte finishes, but I guess it depends on preference since some girls may not want to highlight oily skin. In any case Colorescience has a very fine sheen, not oily-looking at all.
- Coverage is sheer, but it cover redness, bumps, and blemishes pretty well, making skin look better immediately. It basically allows your skin to show through, but hides all that needs to be hidden at the same time.
- Good lasting power. You can depend on it not to slide off your face at the end of the day, as long as you retouch at least once.
- Very light on the skin, like you're not wearing foundation. It also doesn't clog pores because it's mineral makeup.
- Comes with two sponges, in case you need an extra.
- Has sun protection although the SPF count is not specified.
- The compact has a double deck so you can store the sponge away from the powder. It also has a convenient mirror.
- Generous amount in the pan at 12 grams.
What I don't like about the product
- Very little oil control. I suggest using primer underneath and bringing a bunch of blotting films.
- Price is quite prohibitive. This is the priciest foundation I've ever used.
- Has a strong scent. It's supposed to be something floral, but it smells weird to me.
If cost is no issue, go for this foundation. It's for women who prefer using light, natural-looking foundation that sort of "perfects" the skin. It's best for women who already have good skin since it will just magnify what is already there.
I recommend wearing a primer underneath for better lasting power!
It's a great foundation, but I don't use it all the time. I turn to other brands when I have bad skin, but this is my fave on good skin days (like lately!). I also love using it when it's incredibly hot and it feels like heavy makeup will just slide off my face.
It's also an excellent finishing powder. A very light dusting is enough to get a nice glow over matte or satin foundations! Definitely a keeper, so I hope I don't run out soon.
You can find the Colorescience Pressed Mineral Foundation Compact in House of Obagi branches in Trinoma, Alabang Town Center, Greenbelt 5, SM North, SM Pampanga, Robinsons Place Ermita.