VMV Hypoallergenics Ooh-La-Lash! Volumizing Mascara
Are you loving the name or what? The VMV Hypoallergenics Ooh-La-Lash! Volumizing Mascara (P1,000) has been around for quite some time now. As with many products that have stood the test of time, it has some distinctive qualities that other mainstream mascaras (with similar price points) cannot claim to have.
The first time I tried this, I wore it to an out-of-town day trip with Marco's family the other week. The weather was extra hot and humid so the rest of my makeup has melted by the end of the day - except this mascara! The Ooh-La-Lash stayed put with zero smudging, even after all the sweat and oil and grime of the day. But get this - unlike other no-smudge, sweat-proof mascaras, this one came off easily with warm water.
So yes, I'm impressed!
What I love about the product
- Stays put all day. As in zero-smudging.
- Hypoallergenic. It's fragrance and dye-free, made of 100% mineral pigments. This is perfect for sensitive eyes.
- No clumping! Lashes are coated evenly with no fuss.
- Lashes don't feel stiff when coated with the stuff. They're still soft to the touch while not feeling heavy every time you blink.
- Easily removed with warm water. I just dip a cotton pad into the water and then let it soak my mascara for a few seconds before gently wiping it off.
- Wand size is just right. It manages to reach the smaller lashes near the corner of my eyes.
- Gorgeous packaging. The gunmetal tube looks sleek and has a bit of heft, so it feels expensive (well, it is).
What I don't like about the product
- Doesn't hold the curl of the lashes as well as I'd like.
- This mascara promises "massive" lashes but don't get your hopes up - it has a clean finish, volumizing the lashes in two coats. I don't have a problem with that actually. Sometimes I don't want crazy large lashes, especially when I'm wearing natural makeup.
- A bit pricey for a mascara. You can get other awesome mascaras for less than P800. But I guess you're paying for the Ooh-La-Lash's skin and eye-friendly formula plus the packaging. Oh, and the fact that a tube as 8ml of product in it (quite a lot for mascaras).
The VMV Ooh-La-Lash Mascara works very well in our hot n' humid weather. I would recommend it to women who like natural looking lashes that are easily removed with no tugging or pulling involved, as well as those who have sensitive eyes prone to infection.
You know, I love a lot of mascaras. I think that once you get the right technique of applying it on your eyes, it looks good every time - no matter what the brand is. The VMV Ooh-La-Lash looks and feels good on the lashes, stays put, and can be quickly removed with zero fuss. That's more than enough for me! My other fave mascaras deliver fantastic eyelashes, but they're either difficult to remove or they smudge at the end of a long day.
That said, I like using this VMV mascara for natural makeup and for those days that begin with an "I-don't-want to-spend-the-end-of-it-removing-stubborn-mascara" attitude. You know what I mean!