First there was the liquid, then the cream, and finally, Revlon has the powder version of their popular PhotoReady line. The Revlon PhotoReady Two-Way Powder Foundation (P995) is an oil-free and fragrance-free foundation that promises to provide a flawless look under any lighting, with a "medium to full yet undetected coverage". Sounds cool, right?
It is. Even with a heavy layer, I like how this foundation doesn't look like a chalky mask. It definitely delivers on its promise of making me look photo ready, too! The pics will speak for themselves. ;)
What I love about the product
- Medium to heavy coverage still looks natural. I think its because the powder is very fine and well-milled. This foundation will cover redness and minor blemishes.
- Good at oil control. I can go for four to five hours without looking like an oily mess.
- Looks great in photos! It has no white cast nor does it look like a blanket on your face.
- Has SPF 19.
- As with all Revlon foundations, they have a good shade selection for Pinay skin. I'm Medium Beige and it's a perfect match. They also have shades for darker morenas.
- The packaging is ace. The foundation comes in a slim, matte black case with a wide mirror. The sponge comes in a separate area with a perforated bottom so it will dry up quickly when wet.
- Didn't break me out so whew.
- Affordable at P995.
Photo ready, indeed!
What I don't like
- Not truly fragrance-free. It has a smell - not strong, but it's there.
If you're looking for an excellent, mid to heavy coverage foundation on a limited budget, the Revlon PhotoReady Two-Way Powder Foundation is one of your best drugstore bets. It can rival more expensive foundations with its quality - even the packaging looks classy. It's pretty good, since it covers all your bases and has everything you need in a foundation.
It's nice! Instead of the sponge, I like using it with a dense kabuki brush for a more natural finish. I usually use the Revlon PhotoReady Concealer under it to conceal blemishes. It's a great duo actually, so if you're also looking for a nice but affordable concealer, get them together!