Vitacreme B12 Anti-Ageing Serum
Please welcome Sara again! This time, she talks about an anti-aging serum that she doesn't need (she's 25!) but makes her look more glowing anyway.
Is it me, or do people seem to age faster nowadays? Maybe it's because of every day stress brought on by work or the toxic elements in our environment. This is probably the reason for the sudden surge of anti-aging products in the market. But, which ones work and how do they distinguish themselves from each other? Simple, you turn to guinea pigs like me. ;)
Kidding aside, I want to share my thoughts on the Vitacreme B12 Anti-Ageing Serum (P2,400). So what sets it apart from the tons of similar products out there? The Swiss brand boasts that it is the first to include the vitamin B12 as a key ingredient in its skin care products. It claims to "regenerate, nourish and moisturize your skin" as vitamin B12 is known for its cell-regenerating properties.
I've seen this brand in Watsons and in the beauty section of SM Department Stores with a price tag of P2,400. Admittedly, yeah, it does make you step back from buying a tube. But I've read good things about the brand and when given a chance to try the Vitacreme B12 Anti-Ageing Serum (Thanks, Liz!), why not?
What I love about the product
- On the box, it claimed that the first application does make skin soft, hydrated and moisturized and it does deliver! And with continuous use, I got a few comments about how I seem to look more refreshed and awake.
- The serum is lightweight enough to be used during the day and at night without feeling sticky or greasy.
- I was surprised at how easily the product is absorbed by the skin, but for good measure after massaging it in, I pat my face lightly.
- No breakouts
- No overpowering scent; some people had complained about how this smelled like an "old lady", but really, it's nothing too distracting.
- Easy to use packaging; it’s in a squeeze tube and it's pink! Too cute.
- A 30ml tube will last a long time because a pea-sized amount of product is good enough for the whole face
After a couple of weeks of using it, my skin looks less haggard and I have a nice glow
What I don't like
- It’s expensive at Php 2,400 per tube! But seriously, for something that works, go for it if you have budget to spare.
- Use twice a day (morning, evening) for at least eight weeks to see the effect.
- It's not a "need", but prevention is good anyway
- This stuff works with dry skin like mine but I think it'll do well with the oily/combination gals too
I like it. I may not need it now, per se, but prevention is always easier than cure, right? Not everything can be cured with invasive surgery as you grow older. Not all can afford it either. Also, I read somewhere that this makes a good eye cream but since I haven’t really tried it myself, I can’t comment on how effective it is. But as an anti-ageing serum, this stuff works.
Vitacreme B12 is exclusively available in major Watsons branches. Follow them on Facebook!