You'll remember that I really liked the Tony Moly Baby Doll BB Foundation, so I was looking forward to try other BB creams from the brand. I just waited until my pimples cleared up before trying the Tony Moly Dear Me Petite Cotton BB Cream (P348). I was super relieved when I didn't break out again! I think I'm hiyang with Tony Moly face products, thank goodness.
Anyway, the Dear Me BB Cream has a few interesting things to offer, enough that you may want to check it out for yourself.
What I love about the product
- Good for oily and sweaty skin! It's creamy but it dries up quickly when you apply it - and stays that way. It's more or less water resistant, and it also doesn't melt in a goopy mess even under the midday heat. Perfect for the schizophrenic Manila weather, if I do say so myself.
- Great coverage. It covers light blemishes and eyebags pretty darn well. Actually, I think it's an excellent undereye concealer.
- Didn't break me out.
- Long-wearing. Stays put all day.
- Doesn't feel heavy at all.
- Has SPF30, so no need to use a separate SPF lotion.
- Super affordable at only P348!
What I don't like about the product
- Unfortunately not my shade. It's one shade lighter than my medium skintone. I can actually get away with it, but the whiteness will show in photos.
- It's little hard to work with because of its dry texture, so you have to spend a bit more time spreading and blending it properly. Use a kabuki or flat top brush!
If you're oily with a light-medium to light skintone, I think you'll love the Tony Moly Dear Me Petite Cotton BB Cream! It will look a little gray at first - it's beige toned - but it will adjust to a yellow skintone in a few minutes so no worries.
It's a great primer because of its dry surface, but you can use it by itself since the coverage can go from medium to heavy. I think the clincher would be how water-resistant and long-wearing it is - something girls who are always out and about will appreciate, especially now since the weather is so unpredictable.
However, if you have medium skin (like me) this won't work for you because it won't match you.
Great BB cream for the price. If only there were more shade options...As it is though, I think it can be my undereye concealer. Its long-wearing and water-resistant properties makes it an excellent product for that purpose, don't you think? Lightens and moisturizes the bags too.